Coca Cola Championship
Venue: Cardiff City Stadium Date: Sunday, 23 August 2009 Kick-off: 1315 BST
Coverage: BBC Sport website, BBC Radio 5 live, BBC local radio, Final Score & highlights on The Football League Show
Defender Paul Quinn and midfielder Stephen McPhail could return for Cardiff, while Mark Kennedy will have a late fitness test.
Ross McCormack (hamstring) misses out, but season-long loan signing Kelvin Etuhu comes straight into the squad.
Bristol City captain Louis Carey is hoping to be fit enough to play against the Bluebirds.
Carey has been nursing a calf problem but trained fully on Friday and should be passed fit.
With a new stadium and having ended last season poorly, Cardiff needed a good start to the campaign and have certainly made one.
Have your say on this match
The Bluebirds have seven points from their opening three matches and summer signing Michael Chopra is already delivering goals, with six already this season.
They now face a Bristol City side who were this week dealt a real blow with news that on-loan Rangers striker Andrius Velicka suffered a serious knee injury just minutes into his debut against QPR.
At least they seem to have a genuine goal threat in Nicky Maynard, who has scored winners for City in their last three matches. Two more goals would take the striker's career total to 50.
• Cardiff have only won one of their last 26 league meetings with Bristol City; 2-1 at Ninian Park last year.
• The Robins have won nine of their last 14 league visits to Cardiff spanning 39 years.
• A win for Cardiff would give them 10 points after the first four games for only the second time in 17 years.
• The Bluebirds are the top scorers in the Championship going into the weekend with eight goals. Michael Chopra is the top individual scorer with six.
• The Robins are on their longest winning run since stringing five victories together in January and February.
• Midfielder Marvin Elliott is set to make his 250th club career appearance.
MOST RECENT MEETING
Bristol City 1-1 Cardiff (Sunday, 15 March 2009)
Bristol City scorer: Maynard 71.
Cardiff scorer: McCormack 88.