<—END OF LOAD TAG—>
 

Clarets join chase for Balde

26 June 2009 07:29
Burnley have joined Birmingham City in the pursuit of veteran defender Bobo Balde. The 33-year-old Guinea international has already been offered a trial by the Blues before their fellow Premier League new-boys joined the hunt with a contract offer. "I have an offer of a trial with Birmingham. They have asked me to join them for pre-season when they return on July 8," said Balde. "The club have already told me there will be a two-year contract on the table for me if I do well and impress during my trial period. "Burnley have also made me an offer, but unconditionally. "I will have to have a think about things before I decide my future. "My career is changing in such a way that I must accept the situation. "I am 33, I have not played much over the last 12 months and I am not in a position of strength. "When a player is inactive, they lose the rhythm and habit of duels. This is my case and I must accept it." Balde brought the curtain down on his eight-year spell at Celtic last month following a season which was spent largely on the sidelines.

Source: ESA