Garcia leaves Brighton post
Brighton have accepted the resignation of head coach Oscar Garcia, the Championship club have confirmed.
The Seagulls saw their play-off promotion hopes dashed by Derby in a 4-1 semi-final defeat at the iPro Stadium on Sunday, which meant they lost the tie 6-2 on aggregate, and are now looking for a new manager.
The club said in a statement on their official website: " Brighton & Hove Albion have accepted the resignation of head coach Oscar Garcia.
"Oscar met with the club earlier today, to formally offer his resignation to the board, which has been accepted. He has also informed the club's players of his decision."
Garcia hinted his decision to step down from the role had been in his mind for some time.
He said: "The club has been aware of my thoughts for several weeks and during this time I have had discussions with both the chairman Tony Bloom and chief executive Paul Barber.
"I have enjoyed my time with the club but, although I do not have any immediate plans, I have decided to move on.
"I'm very proud of this season with Brighton. The Championship is a very difficult and competitive league but our record this season has been very good. I wish Brighton every success for the future."
Related Brighton and Hove Albion News