Cheltenham's loan signings Shaun Jeffers and Robin Shroot are pushing for first starts of the season.
Theo Lewis is Cheltenham's only absentee, having contracted glandular fever during pre-season.
Cheltenham boss Mark Yates told BBC Radio Gloucestershire: "It [Griffin Park] is a good ground to go and play football - there's always a good atmosphere. Andy Scott's a decent manager who's assembled a very very good squad of players.
"They've got a bit of backing there, they've been able to go and get players which not too many clubs have been able to do.
"They've made a couple of really good signings over the last couple of weeks to add to what they already had which was decent and it'll be a tough game."
MATCH FACTS Head-to-head
• Brentford have never beaten Cheltenham. They have met each other five times, with Cheltenham winning four.
• Brentford lost 5-0 in their only previous meeting in the League Cup, in August 2005.
Have your say on the game Brentford
• Brentford are looking for their first win and their first goal in the League Cup in four years.
• It is nine years since the Bees last won a League Cup tie in normal time. They knocked out Norwich 1-0 in the first round at Griffin Park in August 2001.
• Brentford's 5-5 draw with Barnet at Underhill in the first round, first leg in 1991 is the highest-scoring draw in League Cup history. The Bees went on to win the tie 8-6 on aggregate.
• Brentford's only home defeat since last October came against Doncaster in the FA Cup third round in January.
• Cheltenham have been playing League Cup football since 1999, and have never been beyond the second round.
• They have successfully negotiated the first round in four of their 11 attempts.
• The Robins have failed to score in only one of their last 10 League Cup ties.