South Koreas Ryu denies Dortmund move
Teenage South Korean wing Ryu Seung-Woo has denied German media reports that he has joined Champions League finalists Borussia Dortmund having starred at the under-20 World Cup.
The 19-year-old attacking midfielder told South Korean news agency Yonhap that nothing has been decided yet.
German magazine Kicker reported on Monday that the Dortmund deal had been done but Ryu's coach denied any transfer has been finalised with the midfielder, who suffered an ankle injury after scoring twice at the under-20 tournament.
"There is an offer but it is not yet decided. Ryu is currently injured, so there is no reason to rush," the player told Yonhap.
Should Ryu's Bundesliga move become a reality, he will be the third South Korean to ply his trade in the German league along with Bayer Leverkusen's Son Heung-Min and Wolfsburg's Koo Ja-Cheol.
Ryu scored the winner for South Korea in their group stage win over Cuba and said he was eager to forge a professional career.
Related Borussia Dortmund News