Bayern deny Lewandowski contract reports
Champions League semi-finalists Bayern Munich on Friday denied reports they have signed contract agreements with Borussia Dortmund striker Robert Lewandowski.
German daily Bild had reported 24-year-old Lewandowski, who made Champions League history on Wednesday by scoring all four goals in Dortmund's 4-1 semi-final win over Real Madrid, had signed two deals to join the Bavarians.
According to reports, one contract would have allowed Lewandowski to join Bayern in July, the other would have been in the event of him joining on a free transfer when his Dortmund contract expires in June 2014.
But Bayern quickly denied there is any truth in the reports.
"Bayern refers to various reports about the player Robert Lewandowski and clarifies in this regard: FC Bayern has no contract with Robert Lewandowski," said media director Markus Hoerwick.
Having scored 34 goals this season, including ten in the Champions League, Lewandowski has refused to sign a contract extension with Dortmund and had been also linked to Premier League side Manchester United.
On Tuesday, Dortmund announced star midfielder Mario Goezte has actioned a release clause in his contract to join Bayern in July, while Borussia CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has said he will fight to keep Lewandowski.
Related Borussia Dortmund News