- Bolton Wanderers News
- News Archive
- League Table
- Championship News
Trotters boss: Holden raring to go
Published : 04 Feb 2010 15:25:57
The United States international midfielder is anxious to get his career at the Reebok Stadium up and running as the club try to stave off relegation. He is also hoping a string of good performances will improve his chances of making the World Cup. Holden, however, has had to bide his time since leaving Houston Dynamo - he previously had an unsuccessful spell at Sunderland. Owen Coyle said: "Stuart will start some light training with the group on Friday. It has been frustrating for him as he is such a fit lad. "He did well in America, had a break, then came here and did some training. Maybe he tried too hard, who knows? "There is no doubt when he is fully fit he is a talented kid. He will get his opportunity like the rest of players." Coyle was always confident Gary Cahill would remain at the club during the transfer window. The Scot says it was one his terms when he moved from Burnley in December that the defender would not be moved on. Cahill has attracted a number of suitors after breaking into the England squad. However, he is now putting down roots at Bolton and Coyle said: "We have always been focused regarding Gary Cahill. "I knew he wasn't going anywhere. That was one of the stipulations when I came here." Bolton aim to improve their prospects on Saturday when they face Fulham, who defeated Portsmouth last night. Coyle said: "What we have to do now is concentrate on the players we have. We need them to play to their maximum and elevate ourselves up the table." Coyle explained why Portuguese striker Ricardo Vaz Te decided to stay at Bolton and not move to Hamilton on loan. "It was an opportunity for him to go and play at a good level but he felt it was a bit rushed with it being transfer deadline day, " said the Bolton boss. "Ricardo said he did not have enough time to think things through. He decided to stay put and that is fine by me."