Bolton midfielder Fabrice Muamba has been discharged from hospital.
The club and Barts Health NHS Trust announced the 24-year-old had left The London Chest Hospital on Monday. He had been recovering in the east London hospital since suffering a cardiac arrest on the pitch during Bolton's FA Cup tie with Tottenham at White Hart Lane on March 17.
Muamba said: "I am naturally very pleased to be discharged from hospital and would like to take this opportunity to pay tribute to every single member of staff at The London Chest Hospital who have played a part in my care."
A spokesman for Barts Health NHS Trust said on Bolton's official website: "Barts Health can confirm that Fabrice Muamba has now been discharged following several weeks of treatment.
"All our staff wish him the very best in his ongoing recovery."
Speaking of his hospital carers, Muamba added: "Their dedication, professionalism and expertise is simply amazing and I will forever be in their debt. I also wish to say thank you to all the many well-wishers who have sent thousands of messages of support.
"Now I am out of hospital, I am looking forward to continuing my recovery and spending precious time with my family."
Muamba's discharge is the next step in what has so far been a remarkable recovery for the former England Under-21 international, who effectively died for 78 minutes after his heart stopped beating.
He collapsed in the 41st minute of the match, which was subsequently abandoned, and medical staff desperately worked to save the player's life on the pitch before he was rushed to hospital.
Bolton manager Owen Coyle said: "It is absolutely fantastic news that Fabrice has been discharged from hospital and everyone at the club is delighted. We would also like to add our thanks to the staff at The London Chest Hospital for their care and treatment of Fabrice, which has been outstanding."