Fans point way to net for goal-shy Magdeburg
Published: 30 Mar 2012 - 19:46:50
Cheeky fans of German minnows FC Magdeburg decided to help their team end a five-match goalless streak with huge flourescent arrows to show their players the way to the goal.
With their team bottom of the northern regional league, Germany's fourth division, a group of fans under the banner "We'll Show You Where The Goal Is!" gathered behind their opponents' net, each armed with a giant arrow.
The trick worked as Magdeburg finally found the back of the net after 558 minutes without a goal when US striker Chris Wright equalised in the 78th minute of their 2-1 defeat at home to Berliner AK 07 last Sunday.
Footage of the humourous prank has already proved a hit on the internet with more than a quarter of a million people watching the video "Pfeile (Arrows)" on YouTube.
- FOOTBALL.CO.UK BLOGGER:Charlie Webster
- Charlie Webster is one of the brightest young female sports presenters around. Charlie currently reports for BBC’s Football Focus and is an established presenter for Sky Sports. Prior to this she presented live Premiership football for ESPN in Asia, and was the face of Real Madrid TV, interviewing the likes of Zidane, Beckham and Casillas. Charlie’s love for sport has taken her all across the world. She ran her first marathon in Singapore in 2006, and since then has competed in five more, raising thousands of pounds for good causes including the Bobby Moore Fund for Cancer Research and Women’s Aid UK. A fanatical Sheffield United fan, Charlie’s blog will present an insight into football that is rarely explored; from a woman’s perspective! She will be giving her expert opinion on the Premier League, covering all topics on and off the pitch. Follow Charlie on Twitter @CharlieCW.
You can visit Charlie's website at: www.charliewebster.com
Previous Blog Posts
- Fancy a trial at a football club
- Tevez can be the ultimate ice-breaker
- A week of U21 apathy, Team GB and men of the moment
- Player spirit key to Champions League success
- Wilshere selection reignites Club v Country row
- Third Party Ownership
- Who can hold their nerve in relegation battle?
- Can Mourinho and Real Madrid upset Barcelona?
- Why Barcelona are just so brilliant
- England women can show Capello's boys how it's done
- Bad behaviour in football reaches new heights
- Football needs better role models
- Premier League injuries remain far too common
- UEFA ticket prices go against everything special about football
- Should managers be given more time?
- A twist in the Charlie Adam transfer saga
- Money vs motivation in modern football
- The makings of a successful manager
- Exclusive interview with Micky Adams
- Manchester City millions set to buy success
- Tough times for English managers
- Does Marlon King deserve another chance in football?
- England World Cup bid was doomed from the start
- Mischievous Mourinho continues to entertain
- Sheffield Wednesday can be great once again
- Billionaire City owner investing closer to home
- Ronaldo antics must be stopped
- Newcastle speculation makes zero sense
- Rooney exit is all about money
- England can learn from German model
- Steve McClaren for England
- Time for Arsenal to prove their title credentials
- Coming soon!