Elevenses - Allardyce roulette; Blackburn land on Maradona?
Published: 14 Dec 2010 - 10:40:56
Elevenses is not a massive Sam Allardyce fan. Let's rephrase that, Elevenses can't stand Sam Allardyce. So when Blackburn gave him the bullet yesterday we weren't exactly writhing on the floor like the victim of one his team's challenges.
Monitoring the internet like a hawk with OCD, Elevenses was then rather amused to see the reaction of fans across the nation. It wasn't Blackburn fans doing the shouting, it was everybody else. And the message was simple. Don't you even think about bringing Big Sam to our club.
West Ham fans were the most vociferous of all. Bottom of the league, going down, fine. Just don't send Allardyce and his long-ball thuggery our way anytime soon. We'd rather be in League Two.
Then the attention turned to who next for Rovers. Sven? Not implausible. Shearer? Unlikely. Maradona? Please please please say that's on the cards.
The thought of Diego at Ewood Park is enough to get Elevenses excited about Blackburn for the first time...well, ever actually.
Here's what we could be witnessing at Ewood Park...
When you think about it, Diego's the obvious choice. You don't like your big manager who plays kick and rush and keeps it earthy? How about a small one who purveys a wild madness and likes his team to dribble the ball in?
Come on chicken people of Rovers. Get Diego!
- FOOTBALL.CO.UK BLOGGER:Elevenses
- Elevenses is a high-energy performer who bites at the ankles of football and is not afraid to put a boot in. If it’s in the game, it’s fair game. Unsurprisingly Elevenses is served at 11am every weekday morning. So come and join us for a cup full of opinion and hilarity, and don’t be shy if you’ve got a story you think we should cover.
Previous Blog Posts
- Fergie slams snoods
- The Burmese dictator who wanted to buy United
- Tevez knocks spots off Mancini
- Christmas party season is upon us
- When is a humiliation not a humiliation?
- Premier League stars as X-Factor semi-finalists
- England can win the npower Championship
- Rooney embraces his inner Shrek
- Jose Mourinho will never retire
- Roo's behind you! Wazza the star in United panto
- Welcome to the big time Jack Wilshere
- Will and Kate step aside; Balotelli dumps his WAG by Text
- Beckham's MLS Cup dream dies
- The Simple Cash Solution to Selection-Gate
- Unbreakable Drogba Won't Dive For Malaria
- Leaving Party at the Palace? Edgar Davids orders a Taxi
- Footballing effigies are the future of Bonfire Night
- Maicon RIP: Killer Bale on the Loose
- Rafa v Roy: Pour some sugar on them
- Sharks circle for Mancini
- Welcome to the Processed Chicken Ewood Park!
- Elfish Arsenal have developed a winning hobbit; Owen Owen gone?
- England stars get a kick in the Ballon d'Ors
- Who said nobody likes Gary Neville?
- Robert Pires to non-league Crawley? Football really has gone mad
- If you don't drink milk you'll only be good enough to play for Liverpool
- Mancini tempts Rooney with 'Sex at the City'
- Is it really ok to swear on your girlfriend's life?
- Has Brett Favre been reading the Ashley Cole playbook?
- Kevin Davies goes down in history
- Is Peter Crouch the best sixth-choice international striker in world football?
- Vucinic to repeat pants trick if he scores against England
- Wayne Rooney ain't a chav innit; Murphy slams psycho managers
- American Invasion; Watch the best goal of all-time
- Tevez and Mancini close to blows; Liverpool Red Sox at 100-1
- Kop call for King Kenny; Beckham on target
- Carlos Salcido is in for a roasting; Bye bye Beckham?
- Holtby wants to dump Germany for England; Arsenal in the dark
- Beckham serves hooker Irma Nici with writ; Shot Togo keeper paid off
- Match of the Day finds a response; It's not great
- Beckham looks for huge payout from hooker; Drogba stadium to be unveiled
- Stephen Ireland's crib gets slammed; Schteeve McClaren is back
- Benitez berates Liverpool board; Houllier targets title with Villa
- Collymore beats up Match of the Day; Jack Wilshere plays TCFS