Elevenses - Christmas party season is upon us
Published: 01 Dec 2010 - 10:38:00
It's Christmas party season folks, time for the Premier League's finest to knock back your annual salary in expensive champagne, dress up like idiots and threaten the reputations of the clubs who pay their wages.
The Christmas party is a terrifying prospect for a manager - watching on from behind his hands, praying his stars don't end up injuring themselves, or in court, or worse.
In 2008 women were banned from Manchester United's swanky bash in London. In 2009 Tottenham players sneaked in a boozy party after telling Harry Redknapp they were going golfing. Their loss to Wolves was blamed on a hangover.
Chelsea like a bit of fancy dress. In 2007 John Terry turned up as Mr Incredible, while Frank Lampard went for a bizarre French ensemble. Andriy Shevchenko just threw on a roll-neck jumper - prompting talk he should try dressing as a Premier League footballer every once in a while.
But by the sounds of things at Manchester City, we could be in for a tame festive season in 2010. Carlos Tevez has planned their bash and he's taking the players to see We Will Rock You in Manchester.
Apparently Tevez has seen it many times himself and thinks it would be fun to take the likes of Mario Balotelli, Gareth Barry and SWP to the theatre for a sing-a-long. Elevenses is rather disappointed at the prospect, and has been left yearning for a less innocent time.
Come on Carlos, scrap that idea and take the boys to a swanky club in London instead. Once there the boys can get wasted, act like idiots and go home with random blonde women.
That's what the fans want. That's what we've come to expect.
- FOOTBALL.CO.UK BLOGGER:Elevenses
- Elevenses is a high-energy performer who bites at the ankles of football and is not afraid to put a boot in. If it’s in the game, it’s fair game. Unsurprisingly Elevenses is served at 11am every weekday morning. So come and join us for a cup full of opinion and hilarity, and don’t be shy if you’ve got a story you think we should cover.
Previous Blog Posts
- Fergie slams snoods
- The Burmese dictator who wanted to buy United
- Tevez knocks spots off Mancini
- Christmas party season is upon us
- When is a humiliation not a humiliation?
- Premier League stars as X-Factor semi-finalists
- England can win the npower Championship
- Rooney embraces his inner Shrek
- Jose Mourinho will never retire
- Roo's behind you! Wazza the star in United panto
- Welcome to the big time Jack Wilshere
- Will and Kate step aside; Balotelli dumps his WAG by Text
- Beckham's MLS Cup dream dies
- The Simple Cash Solution to Selection-Gate
- Unbreakable Drogba Won't Dive For Malaria
- Leaving Party at the Palace? Edgar Davids orders a Taxi
- Footballing effigies are the future of Bonfire Night
- Maicon RIP: Killer Bale on the Loose
- Rafa v Roy: Pour some sugar on them
- Sharks circle for Mancini
- Welcome to the Processed Chicken Ewood Park!
- Elfish Arsenal have developed a winning hobbit; Owen Owen gone?
- England stars get a kick in the Ballon d'Ors
- Who said nobody likes Gary Neville?
- Robert Pires to non-league Crawley? Football really has gone mad
- If you don't drink milk you'll only be good enough to play for Liverpool
- Mancini tempts Rooney with 'Sex at the City'
- Is it really ok to swear on your girlfriend's life?
- Has Brett Favre been reading the Ashley Cole playbook?
- Kevin Davies goes down in history
- Is Peter Crouch the best sixth-choice international striker in world football?
- Vucinic to repeat pants trick if he scores against England
- Wayne Rooney ain't a chav innit; Murphy slams psycho managers
- American Invasion; Watch the best goal of all-time
- Tevez and Mancini close to blows; Liverpool Red Sox at 100-1
- Kop call for King Kenny; Beckham on target
- Carlos Salcido is in for a roasting; Bye bye Beckham?
- Holtby wants to dump Germany for England; Arsenal in the dark
- Beckham serves hooker Irma Nici with writ; Shot Togo keeper paid off
- Match of the Day finds a response; It's not great
- Beckham looks for huge payout from hooker; Drogba stadium to be unveiled
- Stephen Ireland's crib gets slammed; Schteeve McClaren is back
- Benitez berates Liverpool board; Houllier targets title with Villa
- Collymore beats up Match of the Day; Jack Wilshere plays TCFS