Elevenses - Premier League stars as X-Factor semi-finalists
Published: 29 Nov 2010 - 09:59:40
Elevenses watches X Factor for professional reasons. It's vital we're at the coal face of celebrity gossip and keep tugging the shirt of zeitgeist popular culture.
If you think about it, it's not that different from watching the England football team. A collection of overpaid stars, with out-of-control egos, generally under-performing in front of an expectant audience of millions.
But think about this for a minute. If the X Factor semi-finalists were football personalities who would they be? Elevenses will have a lazy crack right now...
She's got a big, belting voice, but she's stuck in the past and has absolutely no chance of reaching the top. She's X Factor's SAM ALLARDYCE.
Mini-Cheryl is a supreme natural talent who's not afraid to stand out from the crowd. She's also got silly hair. But you get the feeling that swagger could explode on anybody who got in her way. Step forward X Factor's ANDY CARROLL.
MATT Average lad, great voice, will probably make the final. But can he truly stand out on a global stage? Or is he ultimately a little bit boring? FRANK LAMPARD eat your heart out.
ONE DIRECTION Four really pretty guys singing really prettily. A joy for the purists, but do they have that streak of ruthlessness you need to conquer the world? Elevenses isn't so sure, and thus draws comparison with ARSENAL'S MIDFIELD BOYBAND (Cesc, Theo, Jack, Samir).
REBECCA She's a talented scouser, but Elevenses can't help notice she's spent the last couple of months standing almost completely still. A bit like STEVEN GERRARD when you think about it.
- FOOTBALL.CO.UK BLOGGER:Elevenses
- Elevenses is a high-energy performer who bites at the ankles of football and is not afraid to put a boot in. If it’s in the game, it’s fair game. Unsurprisingly Elevenses is served at 11am every weekday morning. So come and join us for a cup full of opinion and hilarity, and don’t be shy if you’ve got a story you think we should cover.
Previous Blog Posts
- Fergie slams snoods
- The Burmese dictator who wanted to buy United
- Tevez knocks spots off Mancini
- Christmas party season is upon us
- When is a humiliation not a humiliation?
- Premier League stars as X-Factor semi-finalists
- England can win the npower Championship
- Rooney embraces his inner Shrek
- Jose Mourinho will never retire
- Roo's behind you! Wazza the star in United panto
- Welcome to the big time Jack Wilshere
- Will and Kate step aside; Balotelli dumps his WAG by Text
- Beckham's MLS Cup dream dies
- The Simple Cash Solution to Selection-Gate
- Unbreakable Drogba Won't Dive For Malaria
- Leaving Party at the Palace? Edgar Davids orders a Taxi
- Footballing effigies are the future of Bonfire Night
- Maicon RIP: Killer Bale on the Loose
- Rafa v Roy: Pour some sugar on them
- Sharks circle for Mancini
- Welcome to the Processed Chicken Ewood Park!
- Elfish Arsenal have developed a winning hobbit; Owen Owen gone?
- England stars get a kick in the Ballon d'Ors
- Who said nobody likes Gary Neville?
- Robert Pires to non-league Crawley? Football really has gone mad
- If you don't drink milk you'll only be good enough to play for Liverpool
- Mancini tempts Rooney with 'Sex at the City'
- Is it really ok to swear on your girlfriend's life?
- Has Brett Favre been reading the Ashley Cole playbook?
- Kevin Davies goes down in history
- Is Peter Crouch the best sixth-choice international striker in world football?
- Vucinic to repeat pants trick if he scores against England
- Wayne Rooney ain't a chav innit; Murphy slams psycho managers
- American Invasion; Watch the best goal of all-time
- Tevez and Mancini close to blows; Liverpool Red Sox at 100-1
- Kop call for King Kenny; Beckham on target
- Carlos Salcido is in for a roasting; Bye bye Beckham?
- Holtby wants to dump Germany for England; Arsenal in the dark
- Beckham serves hooker Irma Nici with writ; Shot Togo keeper paid off
- Match of the Day finds a response; It's not great
- Beckham looks for huge payout from hooker; Drogba stadium to be unveiled
- Stephen Ireland's crib gets slammed; Schteeve McClaren is back
- Benitez berates Liverpool board; Houllier targets title with Villa
- Collymore beats up Match of the Day; Jack Wilshere plays TCFS