Elevenses - Unbreakable Drogba Won't Dive For Malaria
Published: 10 Nov 2010 - 10:36:36
Chelsea will win the title. Not because they're better defensively, or have a deeper squad, or any of that football nonsense.They're just more hardy that the opposition.
While Manchester United players are dropping like flies with a "virus" ahead of the Manchester derby, Chelsea's talisman is preparing to put a shift in with malaria coursing through his veins.
Elevenses is assuming the United "virus" is what we commonly refer to as "man flu". Either that or Fergie's boys have got a nasty stomach bug and the Old Trafford toilets are seeing more action than they did in George Best's heyday (surely Besty took a Miss World into the toilets every now and then?).
Check out Drogba and other aspiring actors below...
Elevenses could have seen Berbatov's sicky coming, and Scholesly has been looking a bit pasty recently (since he was 11). But Vidic and Evra look like they'd be handy in a back alley and we expected more of them.
Meanwhile, the Chelsea striker with a reputation for fakery and diving is going shoulder to shoulder with the disease that nearly killed 'Our' Cheryl Cole.
Drogba has set the standard. And if he scores for Chelsea tonight they'll be managers throughout the world taking notice.
Viruses might knock them down at the Theatre of Dreams, but it takes a good deal more to floor Drogba (like an imaginary out-stretched leg).
- FOOTBALL.CO.UK BLOGGER:Elevenses
- Elevenses is a high-energy performer who bites at the ankles of football and is not afraid to put a boot in. If it’s in the game, it’s fair game. Unsurprisingly Elevenses is served at 11am every weekday morning. So come and join us for a cup full of opinion and hilarity, and don’t be shy if you’ve got a story you think we should cover.
Previous Blog Posts
- Fergie slams snoods
- The Burmese dictator who wanted to buy United
- Tevez knocks spots off Mancini
- Christmas party season is upon us
- When is a humiliation not a humiliation?
- Premier League stars as X-Factor semi-finalists
- England can win the npower Championship
- Rooney embraces his inner Shrek
- Jose Mourinho will never retire
- Roo's behind you! Wazza the star in United panto
- Welcome to the big time Jack Wilshere
- Will and Kate step aside; Balotelli dumps his WAG by Text
- Beckham's MLS Cup dream dies
- The Simple Cash Solution to Selection-Gate
- Unbreakable Drogba Won't Dive For Malaria
- Leaving Party at the Palace? Edgar Davids orders a Taxi
- Footballing effigies are the future of Bonfire Night
- Maicon RIP: Killer Bale on the Loose
- Rafa v Roy: Pour some sugar on them
- Sharks circle for Mancini
- Welcome to the Processed Chicken Ewood Park!
- Elfish Arsenal have developed a winning hobbit; Owen Owen gone?
- England stars get a kick in the Ballon d'Ors
- Who said nobody likes Gary Neville?
- Robert Pires to non-league Crawley? Football really has gone mad
- If you don't drink milk you'll only be good enough to play for Liverpool
- Mancini tempts Rooney with 'Sex at the City'
- Is it really ok to swear on your girlfriend's life?
- Has Brett Favre been reading the Ashley Cole playbook?
- Kevin Davies goes down in history
- Is Peter Crouch the best sixth-choice international striker in world football?
- Vucinic to repeat pants trick if he scores against England
- Wayne Rooney ain't a chav innit; Murphy slams psycho managers
- American Invasion; Watch the best goal of all-time
- Tevez and Mancini close to blows; Liverpool Red Sox at 100-1
- Kop call for King Kenny; Beckham on target
- Carlos Salcido is in for a roasting; Bye bye Beckham?
- Holtby wants to dump Germany for England; Arsenal in the dark
- Beckham serves hooker Irma Nici with writ; Shot Togo keeper paid off
- Match of the Day finds a response; It's not great
- Beckham looks for huge payout from hooker; Drogba stadium to be unveiled
- Stephen Ireland's crib gets slammed; Schteeve McClaren is back
- Benitez berates Liverpool board; Houllier targets title with Villa
- Collymore beats up Match of the Day; Jack Wilshere plays TCFS