Elevenses - Rafa v Roy: Pour some sugar on them
Published: 02 Nov 2010 - 10:30:19
Elevenses has a headache. Let's get this straight, priests usually wear black. And a mountain of sugar is usually white. So what Rafa was really trying to say was that Woy hasn't got his story straight.
It's all a bit Yoda-cum-Tony Soprano isn't it?
Sticking to the Star Wars theme, there's no question Kenny Dalglish is the force in all of this. Roy claims Rafa didn't believe; that he snubbed the Liverpool legend and didn't even let him on the training ground. In essence, he was Han Solo but nowhere near as cool.
Maybe he was scared Kenny would catch his eye in a five-a-side and he'd spend £10 million on another Anfield flop?
Woy's not stupid. He knows the Kenny card is king and holding it for a few seconds can distract Liverpool fans from the obvious - that his team are pretty rubbish.
If you haven't seen it, here's Rafa's rant.
He's also been quick to point out that his squad is full of "leftovers" and lacks the depth required - which roughly translates as "Rafa brought a load of rubbish players and I'm left to deal with them".
Elevenses can't help but think both managers are losing this one - Woy for making schoolboy excuses and hijacking Kenny's kudos, and Rafa for reacting like somebody who's either guilty of all charges or bitter beyond belief.
There's only one winner in all of this. Fans who hate Liverpool.
- FOOTBALL.CO.UK BLOGGER:Elevenses
- Elevenses is a high-energy performer who bites at the ankles of football and is not afraid to put a boot in. If it’s in the game, it’s fair game. Unsurprisingly Elevenses is served at 11am every weekday morning. So come and join us for a cup full of opinion and hilarity, and don’t be shy if you’ve got a story you think we should cover.
Previous Blog Posts
- Fergie slams snoods
- The Burmese dictator who wanted to buy United
- Tevez knocks spots off Mancini
- Christmas party season is upon us
- When is a humiliation not a humiliation?
- Premier League stars as X-Factor semi-finalists
- England can win the npower Championship
- Rooney embraces his inner Shrek
- Jose Mourinho will never retire
- Roo's behind you! Wazza the star in United panto
- Welcome to the big time Jack Wilshere
- Will and Kate step aside; Balotelli dumps his WAG by Text
- Beckham's MLS Cup dream dies
- The Simple Cash Solution to Selection-Gate
- Unbreakable Drogba Won't Dive For Malaria
- Leaving Party at the Palace? Edgar Davids orders a Taxi
- Footballing effigies are the future of Bonfire Night
- Maicon RIP: Killer Bale on the Loose
- Rafa v Roy: Pour some sugar on them
- Sharks circle for Mancini
- Welcome to the Processed Chicken Ewood Park!
- Elfish Arsenal have developed a winning hobbit; Owen Owen gone?
- England stars get a kick in the Ballon d'Ors
- Who said nobody likes Gary Neville?
- Robert Pires to non-league Crawley? Football really has gone mad
- If you don't drink milk you'll only be good enough to play for Liverpool
- Mancini tempts Rooney with 'Sex at the City'
- Is it really ok to swear on your girlfriend's life?
- Has Brett Favre been reading the Ashley Cole playbook?
- Kevin Davies goes down in history
- Is Peter Crouch the best sixth-choice international striker in world football?
- Vucinic to repeat pants trick if he scores against England
- Wayne Rooney ain't a chav innit; Murphy slams psycho managers
- American Invasion; Watch the best goal of all-time
- Tevez and Mancini close to blows; Liverpool Red Sox at 100-1
- Kop call for King Kenny; Beckham on target
- Carlos Salcido is in for a roasting; Bye bye Beckham?
- Holtby wants to dump Germany for England; Arsenal in the dark
- Beckham serves hooker Irma Nici with writ; Shot Togo keeper paid off
- Match of the Day finds a response; It's not great
- Beckham looks for huge payout from hooker; Drogba stadium to be unveiled
- Stephen Ireland's crib gets slammed; Schteeve McClaren is back
- Benitez berates Liverpool board; Houllier targets title with Villa
- Collymore beats up Match of the Day; Jack Wilshere plays TCFS