Elevenses - Welcome to the Processed Chicken Ewood Park!
Published: 29 Oct 2010 - 07:26:27
Blackburn Rovers have finally found a way to get some media coverage this week, by announcing their pending sale to Indian poultry giant Venky's.
Venkateshwara Hatcheries will be the name on the door if the deal goes through, and with them comes endless potential to ridicule Big Sam and his relegation-threatened Rovers.
Are the Indian conglomerate attracted to the animal antics of his players on the pitch? Do they plan to make poultry feed capturing the lust for life of El-Hadji Diouf? Will they be experimenting on the Rovers players in the name of science?
Elevenses is certainly looking forward to plenty of chicken-themed chants from visiting fans. Portsmouth fans (see what we did there) might go with, "We've got Kanu, you've got Bird Flu."
The potential new owners are also toying with the idea of selling the naming rights to Ewood Park. Maybe they'll use it to promote their own business interests?
How about 'The Processed Chicken Ewood Park', or the 'Disease Diagnostics Dome'. 'The De-Oiled Cake Stadium' also has a certain ring to it. But nothing would beat 'The Chicken S*** Soccerdome'.
If they sell elsewhere, how about the 'Kickers Ewood Park', inspired by Danny Murphy.
Big Sam would love that.
- FOOTBALL.CO.UK BLOGGER:Elevenses
- Elevenses is a high-energy performer who bites at the ankles of football and is not afraid to put a boot in. If it’s in the game, it’s fair game. Unsurprisingly Elevenses is served at 11am every weekday morning. So come and join us for a cup full of opinion and hilarity, and don’t be shy if you’ve got a story you think we should cover.
Previous Blog Posts
- Fergie slams snoods
- The Burmese dictator who wanted to buy United
- Tevez knocks spots off Mancini
- Christmas party season is upon us
- When is a humiliation not a humiliation?
- Premier League stars as X-Factor semi-finalists
- England can win the npower Championship
- Rooney embraces his inner Shrek
- Jose Mourinho will never retire
- Roo's behind you! Wazza the star in United panto
- Welcome to the big time Jack Wilshere
- Will and Kate step aside; Balotelli dumps his WAG by Text
- Beckham's MLS Cup dream dies
- The Simple Cash Solution to Selection-Gate
- Unbreakable Drogba Won't Dive For Malaria
- Leaving Party at the Palace? Edgar Davids orders a Taxi
- Footballing effigies are the future of Bonfire Night
- Maicon RIP: Killer Bale on the Loose
- Rafa v Roy: Pour some sugar on them
- Sharks circle for Mancini
- Welcome to the Processed Chicken Ewood Park!
- Elfish Arsenal have developed a winning hobbit; Owen Owen gone?
- England stars get a kick in the Ballon d'Ors
- Who said nobody likes Gary Neville?
- Robert Pires to non-league Crawley? Football really has gone mad
- If you don't drink milk you'll only be good enough to play for Liverpool
- Mancini tempts Rooney with 'Sex at the City'
- Is it really ok to swear on your girlfriend's life?
- Has Brett Favre been reading the Ashley Cole playbook?
- Kevin Davies goes down in history
- Is Peter Crouch the best sixth-choice international striker in world football?
- Vucinic to repeat pants trick if he scores against England
- Wayne Rooney ain't a chav innit; Murphy slams psycho managers
- American Invasion; Watch the best goal of all-time
- Tevez and Mancini close to blows; Liverpool Red Sox at 100-1
- Kop call for King Kenny; Beckham on target
- Carlos Salcido is in for a roasting; Bye bye Beckham?
- Holtby wants to dump Germany for England; Arsenal in the dark
- Beckham serves hooker Irma Nici with writ; Shot Togo keeper paid off
- Match of the Day finds a response; It's not great
- Beckham looks for huge payout from hooker; Drogba stadium to be unveiled
- Stephen Ireland's crib gets slammed; Schteeve McClaren is back
- Benitez berates Liverpool board; Houllier targets title with Villa
- Collymore beats up Match of the Day; Jack Wilshere plays TCFS