Elevenses - Elfish Arsenal have developed a winning hobbit; Owen Owen gone?
Published: 28 Oct 2010 - 10:00:07
Elevenses can't help but love Arsenal and their hobbit-like genius. If Middle Earth needs some extras, the likes of Andrei Arshavin, Jack Wilshere and Thomas Rosicky are just hairy toes away from fitting the bill.
Arsenal don't play like your average Premier League outfit, and they certainly don't look like one either. When they took on Manchester City is was like watching elves against orcs. Even Maroune Chamakh has been styled to look a good deal smaller than his frame.
As for Arsene Wenger, there's more than a touch of the Gandolphs about the way he's got Nicklas Bendtner finishing like Dennis Bergkamp, and Theo Walcott rampaging down the wing like somebody who knows what to do with the football.
Those who thought Bendtner was rubbish will be rubbing their eyes in disbelief after watching that finish last night - his second goal in four days. As for Walcott, the speedboat without a driver has got a driver. And a bloody good one too.
Elevenses likes footballers to be different, and whoever cuts hair at the Emirates deserves some plaudits. Who knows, maybe elfish hair is part of the Wenger philosophy? Everybody knows how a haircut can affect your mood.
- - -
Poor old Mikey Owen.
The 30-year-old former footballer, and now Carling Cup regular at Manchester United, has said he may quit at the end of the season if he doesn't get a new deal.
Elevenses can't help but wonder if a new haircut and a move to Arsenal could sort him right out.
- FOOTBALL.CO.UK BLOGGER:Elevenses
- Elevenses is a high-energy performer who bites at the ankles of football and is not afraid to put a boot in. If it’s in the game, it’s fair game. Unsurprisingly Elevenses is served at 11am every weekday morning. So come and join us for a cup full of opinion and hilarity, and don’t be shy if you’ve got a story you think we should cover.
Previous Blog Posts
- Fergie slams snoods
- The Burmese dictator who wanted to buy United
- Tevez knocks spots off Mancini
- Christmas party season is upon us
- When is a humiliation not a humiliation?
- Premier League stars as X-Factor semi-finalists
- England can win the npower Championship
- Rooney embraces his inner Shrek
- Jose Mourinho will never retire
- Roo's behind you! Wazza the star in United panto
- Welcome to the big time Jack Wilshere
- Will and Kate step aside; Balotelli dumps his WAG by Text
- Beckham's MLS Cup dream dies
- The Simple Cash Solution to Selection-Gate
- Unbreakable Drogba Won't Dive For Malaria
- Leaving Party at the Palace? Edgar Davids orders a Taxi
- Footballing effigies are the future of Bonfire Night
- Maicon RIP: Killer Bale on the Loose
- Rafa v Roy: Pour some sugar on them
- Sharks circle for Mancini
- Welcome to the Processed Chicken Ewood Park!
- Elfish Arsenal have developed a winning hobbit; Owen Owen gone?
- England stars get a kick in the Ballon d'Ors
- Who said nobody likes Gary Neville?
- Robert Pires to non-league Crawley? Football really has gone mad
- If you don't drink milk you'll only be good enough to play for Liverpool
- Mancini tempts Rooney with 'Sex at the City'
- Is it really ok to swear on your girlfriend's life?
- Has Brett Favre been reading the Ashley Cole playbook?
- Kevin Davies goes down in history
- Is Peter Crouch the best sixth-choice international striker in world football?
- Vucinic to repeat pants trick if he scores against England
- Wayne Rooney ain't a chav innit; Murphy slams psycho managers
- American Invasion; Watch the best goal of all-time
- Tevez and Mancini close to blows; Liverpool Red Sox at 100-1
- Kop call for King Kenny; Beckham on target
- Carlos Salcido is in for a roasting; Bye bye Beckham?
- Holtby wants to dump Germany for England; Arsenal in the dark
- Beckham serves hooker Irma Nici with writ; Shot Togo keeper paid off
- Match of the Day finds a response; It's not great
- Beckham looks for huge payout from hooker; Drogba stadium to be unveiled
- Stephen Ireland's crib gets slammed; Schteeve McClaren is back
- Benitez berates Liverpool board; Houllier targets title with Villa
- Collymore beats up Match of the Day; Jack Wilshere plays TCFS