Elevenses - Who said nobody likes Gary Neville?
Published: 25 Oct 2010 - 10:13:14
You'll find him on page one of 'Premier League t**** and w******s' (Elevenses is currently negotiating a big money publishing deal with Wayne Rooney's agent). And his name is Gary Neville.
In this section Elevenses outlines the reasoning behind G-Nev's unpopularity. Naturally there is mention here of the Facebook group 'I hate Gary Neville', which has attracted over 10,000 fans and rather mischeviously placed the word 'w*****' under a picture of the United veteran.
The group 'We all hate Gary Neville' prefers to go with 't***' as their insult of choice, and currently boasts just over 1,000 fans.
Then there's the group 'Gary Neville is a 'w*****'', which is on the way to 3,000 fans - considerably more than the response page, which is rather cleverly called 'Anyone who joins the Gary Neville is a w***** group is a w***** themselves'.
It's all a matter of taste of course, but 'w*****' and 't***' are not uncommon verbal responses to the name Gary Neville. Far from it in fact.
Liverpool fans would probably go a little stronger. After all, behaviour like this tends to stay with football fans for a while.
But those who thought everybody outside Manchester (ok, Essex, Dubai, Vietnam - wherever it is United fans live these days) hated G-Nev, there was a horrible moment yesterday.
Referee Andre Marriner decided not to send him off after watching him scythe through Matthew Etherington like a Sunday League clogger. It was the kind of tackle that would have got Mother Theresa a yellow card, let alone the most hated man in the Premier League.
But Marriner gave Neville another chance. As acts of charity go, it was spectacular. But more importantly, it served to disprove the theory that everybody in the footballing world is waiting for a chance to stick one on him.
Then again, referees are weirdos.
- FOOTBALL.CO.UK BLOGGER:Elevenses
- Elevenses is a high-energy performer who bites at the ankles of football and is not afraid to put a boot in. If it’s in the game, it’s fair game. Unsurprisingly Elevenses is served at 11am every weekday morning. So come and join us for a cup full of opinion and hilarity, and don’t be shy if you’ve got a story you think we should cover.
Previous Blog Posts
- Fergie slams snoods
- The Burmese dictator who wanted to buy United
- Tevez knocks spots off Mancini
- Christmas party season is upon us
- When is a humiliation not a humiliation?
- Premier League stars as X-Factor semi-finalists
- England can win the npower Championship
- Rooney embraces his inner Shrek
- Jose Mourinho will never retire
- Roo's behind you! Wazza the star in United panto
- Welcome to the big time Jack Wilshere
- Will and Kate step aside; Balotelli dumps his WAG by Text
- Beckham's MLS Cup dream dies
- The Simple Cash Solution to Selection-Gate
- Unbreakable Drogba Won't Dive For Malaria
- Leaving Party at the Palace? Edgar Davids orders a Taxi
- Footballing effigies are the future of Bonfire Night
- Maicon RIP: Killer Bale on the Loose
- Rafa v Roy: Pour some sugar on them
- Sharks circle for Mancini
- Welcome to the Processed Chicken Ewood Park!
- Elfish Arsenal have developed a winning hobbit; Owen Owen gone?
- England stars get a kick in the Ballon d'Ors
- Who said nobody likes Gary Neville?
- Robert Pires to non-league Crawley? Football really has gone mad
- If you don't drink milk you'll only be good enough to play for Liverpool
- Mancini tempts Rooney with 'Sex at the City'
- Is it really ok to swear on your girlfriend's life?
- Has Brett Favre been reading the Ashley Cole playbook?
- Kevin Davies goes down in history
- Is Peter Crouch the best sixth-choice international striker in world football?
- Vucinic to repeat pants trick if he scores against England
- Wayne Rooney ain't a chav innit; Murphy slams psycho managers
- American Invasion; Watch the best goal of all-time
- Tevez and Mancini close to blows; Liverpool Red Sox at 100-1
- Kop call for King Kenny; Beckham on target
- Carlos Salcido is in for a roasting; Bye bye Beckham?
- Holtby wants to dump Germany for England; Arsenal in the dark
- Beckham serves hooker Irma Nici with writ; Shot Togo keeper paid off
- Match of the Day finds a response; It's not great
- Beckham looks for huge payout from hooker; Drogba stadium to be unveiled
- Stephen Ireland's crib gets slammed; Schteeve McClaren is back
- Benitez berates Liverpool board; Houllier targets title with Villa
- Collymore beats up Match of the Day; Jack Wilshere plays TCFS