Elevenses - Mancini tempts Rooney with 'Sex at the City'
Published: 19 Oct 2010 - 10:58:34
Rewind two years. Then imagine the suggestion that Wayne Rooney would be on the verge of leaving Manchester United and joining City, where he could link up with Carlos Tevez and potentially help the Blues win a title?
In the immortal words of Sir Alex Ferguson: "Football, bloody hell!"
But the more Elevenses thinks about it, the more a City move makes sense. After all, Coleen and Wayne don't really strike us as the type to move overseas - not to a proper place anyway.
Sure, we can imagine them in the Costa del Something of other, or living in a gated community in Florida, but not in Barcelona or Madrid. Wayne can't even speak English, let alone pick up another language.
What's more, City actively encourage their players to get with the ladies on a Saturday night - something our Wayne is clearly rather fond of.
Roberto Mancini was never a binge drinker it turns out. "We would prefer to go off with a woman," he told the Guardian. (admittedly a couple of days ago, but we missed it)
"That’s what I liked to do after a match, and I tell my players now it is better that they go with a woman than drink," he said.
So there you have it. A veiled invitation from Mancini to Rooney. He may as well have said: "Wazza, you wanna come and play for City? We will pay you whatever you can count to and you may have the sex with whoever you want every night."
For Rooney it will be like leaving the Old Trafford Nunnery for Benidorm in August.
- FOOTBALL.CO.UK BLOGGER:Elevenses
- Elevenses is a high-energy performer who bites at the ankles of football and is not afraid to put a boot in. If it’s in the game, it’s fair game. Unsurprisingly Elevenses is served at 11am every weekday morning. So come and join us for a cup full of opinion and hilarity, and don’t be shy if you’ve got a story you think we should cover.
Previous Blog Posts
- Fergie slams snoods
- The Burmese dictator who wanted to buy United
- Tevez knocks spots off Mancini
- Christmas party season is upon us
- When is a humiliation not a humiliation?
- Premier League stars as X-Factor semi-finalists
- England can win the npower Championship
- Rooney embraces his inner Shrek
- Jose Mourinho will never retire
- Roo's behind you! Wazza the star in United panto
- Welcome to the big time Jack Wilshere
- Will and Kate step aside; Balotelli dumps his WAG by Text
- Beckham's MLS Cup dream dies
- The Simple Cash Solution to Selection-Gate
- Unbreakable Drogba Won't Dive For Malaria
- Leaving Party at the Palace? Edgar Davids orders a Taxi
- Footballing effigies are the future of Bonfire Night
- Maicon RIP: Killer Bale on the Loose
- Rafa v Roy: Pour some sugar on them
- Sharks circle for Mancini
- Welcome to the Processed Chicken Ewood Park!
- Elfish Arsenal have developed a winning hobbit; Owen Owen gone?
- England stars get a kick in the Ballon d'Ors
- Who said nobody likes Gary Neville?
- Robert Pires to non-league Crawley? Football really has gone mad
- If you don't drink milk you'll only be good enough to play for Liverpool
- Mancini tempts Rooney with 'Sex at the City'
- Is it really ok to swear on your girlfriend's life?
- Has Brett Favre been reading the Ashley Cole playbook?
- Kevin Davies goes down in history
- Is Peter Crouch the best sixth-choice international striker in world football?
- Vucinic to repeat pants trick if he scores against England
- Wayne Rooney ain't a chav innit; Murphy slams psycho managers
- American Invasion; Watch the best goal of all-time
- Tevez and Mancini close to blows; Liverpool Red Sox at 100-1
- Kop call for King Kenny; Beckham on target
- Carlos Salcido is in for a roasting; Bye bye Beckham?
- Holtby wants to dump Germany for England; Arsenal in the dark
- Beckham serves hooker Irma Nici with writ; Shot Togo keeper paid off
- Match of the Day finds a response; It's not great
- Beckham looks for huge payout from hooker; Drogba stadium to be unveiled
- Stephen Ireland's crib gets slammed; Schteeve McClaren is back
- Benitez berates Liverpool board; Houllier targets title with Villa
- Collymore beats up Match of the Day; Jack Wilshere plays TCFS