Elevenses - Has Brett Favre been reading the Ashley Cole playbook?
Published: 14 Oct 2010 - 10:34:05
Brett Favre is something of a sporting institution across the pond. The all-American quarterback legend has racked up 20 seasons in the NFL, and holds records in just about every discipline you can think of.
He's thrown over 6,000 completed passes, run over 7,000 yards and played his part in over 500 touchdowns. And if you haven't heard of him yet, you're about to.
The 41-year-old is all over the tabloid newspapers in the US, after it was alleged he sent pictures of his penis and some rather racy texts and voice messages to Jenn Sterger.
Who's she? Well Elevenses has been digging this morning and it turns out she's a former member of the Florida State Cow Girls (an unofficial cheer leading squad), who came to attention back in 2005.
Here's the timeless piece of commentary that started it all.
Anyway, Sterger moved on to become a 'Gameday Host' for the New York Jets, and squeezed in a little Playboy action along the way. And now this.
As for Favre, the allegations are threatening his multi-million-dollar endorsements empire and an official NFL enquiry is in the pipeline.
What's this got to do with football? Well Elevenses can't help but suggest he should call Ashley Cole. The lovable Chelsea and England full-back has been down this road himself and knows exactly how to play things.
All Favre needs to do is explain away everything by saying he was "larking about". The pictures, texts and voicemails were sent on a pay-as-go-phone a friend stole from a friend...who sent them to Sterger for a laugh.
Maybe a cultural exchange should be organised? The Premier League's finest exchanging scandal management advice with big hitters from the NFL and the NBA.
Information is power after all.
- FOOTBALL.CO.UK BLOGGER:Elevenses
- Elevenses is a high-energy performer who bites at the ankles of football and is not afraid to put a boot in. If it’s in the game, it’s fair game. Unsurprisingly Elevenses is served at 11am every weekday morning. So come and join us for a cup full of opinion and hilarity, and don’t be shy if you’ve got a story you think we should cover.
Previous Blog Posts
- Fergie slams snoods
- The Burmese dictator who wanted to buy United
- Tevez knocks spots off Mancini
- Christmas party season is upon us
- When is a humiliation not a humiliation?
- Premier League stars as X-Factor semi-finalists
- England can win the npower Championship
- Rooney embraces his inner Shrek
- Jose Mourinho will never retire
- Roo's behind you! Wazza the star in United panto
- Welcome to the big time Jack Wilshere
- Will and Kate step aside; Balotelli dumps his WAG by Text
- Beckham's MLS Cup dream dies
- The Simple Cash Solution to Selection-Gate
- Unbreakable Drogba Won't Dive For Malaria
- Leaving Party at the Palace? Edgar Davids orders a Taxi
- Footballing effigies are the future of Bonfire Night
- Maicon RIP: Killer Bale on the Loose
- Rafa v Roy: Pour some sugar on them
- Sharks circle for Mancini
- Welcome to the Processed Chicken Ewood Park!
- Elfish Arsenal have developed a winning hobbit; Owen Owen gone?
- England stars get a kick in the Ballon d'Ors
- Who said nobody likes Gary Neville?
- Robert Pires to non-league Crawley? Football really has gone mad
- If you don't drink milk you'll only be good enough to play for Liverpool
- Mancini tempts Rooney with 'Sex at the City'
- Is it really ok to swear on your girlfriend's life?
- Has Brett Favre been reading the Ashley Cole playbook?
- Kevin Davies goes down in history
- Is Peter Crouch the best sixth-choice international striker in world football?
- Vucinic to repeat pants trick if he scores against England
- Wayne Rooney ain't a chav innit; Murphy slams psycho managers
- American Invasion; Watch the best goal of all-time
- Tevez and Mancini close to blows; Liverpool Red Sox at 100-1
- Kop call for King Kenny; Beckham on target
- Carlos Salcido is in for a roasting; Bye bye Beckham?
- Holtby wants to dump Germany for England; Arsenal in the dark
- Beckham serves hooker Irma Nici with writ; Shot Togo keeper paid off
- Match of the Day finds a response; It's not great
- Beckham looks for huge payout from hooker; Drogba stadium to be unveiled
- Stephen Ireland's crib gets slammed; Schteeve McClaren is back
- Benitez berates Liverpool board; Houllier targets title with Villa
- Collymore beats up Match of the Day; Jack Wilshere plays TCFS