Elevenses - Vucinic to repeat pants trick if he scores against England
Published: 11 Oct 2010 - 10:20:20
Montenegro's Mirko Vucinic celebrated his winner against Switzerland on Friday night by removing his shorts and putting them on his head. Classy.
And the Roma hitman has promised to repeat the trick if he nestles one in the onion bag against England on Tuesday night - in what he says is an historic game for Montenegro's national team.
Vucinic's team now lead Euro 2012 Qualifying Group G on nine points, having won all three of their games, and would open up a six-point gap if they beat favourites England.
"What we have achieved in the group so far is incredible," Vucinic said. "After the draw was made nobody would believe we could arrive at Wembley with nine points.
"I was not being disrespectful with the way I celebrated against Switzerland. Every player has his own style. But we believe that we can beat England and that would be a stunning result all over Europe.
"If I score the winning goal I will not be able to resist producing the same goal celebration."
- - -
To more serious matters, and Marseille are threatening to sue Nigel de Jong for the tackle which broke Hatem Ben Arfa's leg. (Daily Mail)
Ben Arfa is on loan at Newcastle, but parent club Marseille are said to be outraged by the tackle from the Manchester City midfielder.
Marseille president Jean-Claude Dassier already has club lawyers working on the case.
- FOOTBALL.CO.UK BLOGGER:Elevenses
- Elevenses is a high-energy performer who bites at the ankles of football and is not afraid to put a boot in. If it’s in the game, it’s fair game. Unsurprisingly Elevenses is served at 11am every weekday morning. So come and join us for a cup full of opinion and hilarity, and don’t be shy if you’ve got a story you think we should cover.
Previous Blog Posts
- Fergie slams snoods
- The Burmese dictator who wanted to buy United
- Tevez knocks spots off Mancini
- Christmas party season is upon us
- When is a humiliation not a humiliation?
- Premier League stars as X-Factor semi-finalists
- England can win the npower Championship
- Rooney embraces his inner Shrek
- Jose Mourinho will never retire
- Roo's behind you! Wazza the star in United panto
- Welcome to the big time Jack Wilshere
- Will and Kate step aside; Balotelli dumps his WAG by Text
- Beckham's MLS Cup dream dies
- The Simple Cash Solution to Selection-Gate
- Unbreakable Drogba Won't Dive For Malaria
- Leaving Party at the Palace? Edgar Davids orders a Taxi
- Footballing effigies are the future of Bonfire Night
- Maicon RIP: Killer Bale on the Loose
- Rafa v Roy: Pour some sugar on them
- Sharks circle for Mancini
- Welcome to the Processed Chicken Ewood Park!
- Elfish Arsenal have developed a winning hobbit; Owen Owen gone?
- England stars get a kick in the Ballon d'Ors
- Who said nobody likes Gary Neville?
- Robert Pires to non-league Crawley? Football really has gone mad
- If you don't drink milk you'll only be good enough to play for Liverpool
- Mancini tempts Rooney with 'Sex at the City'
- Is it really ok to swear on your girlfriend's life?
- Has Brett Favre been reading the Ashley Cole playbook?
- Kevin Davies goes down in history
- Is Peter Crouch the best sixth-choice international striker in world football?
- Vucinic to repeat pants trick if he scores against England
- Wayne Rooney ain't a chav innit; Murphy slams psycho managers
- American Invasion; Watch the best goal of all-time
- Tevez and Mancini close to blows; Liverpool Red Sox at 100-1
- Kop call for King Kenny; Beckham on target
- Carlos Salcido is in for a roasting; Bye bye Beckham?
- Holtby wants to dump Germany for England; Arsenal in the dark
- Beckham serves hooker Irma Nici with writ; Shot Togo keeper paid off
- Match of the Day finds a response; It's not great
- Beckham looks for huge payout from hooker; Drogba stadium to be unveiled
- Stephen Ireland's crib gets slammed; Schteeve McClaren is back
- Benitez berates Liverpool board; Houllier targets title with Villa
- Collymore beats up Match of the Day; Jack Wilshere plays TCFS