Elevenses - American Invasion; Watch the best goal of all-time
Published: 07 Oct 2010 - 10:45:40
Americans are dominating the news agenda. First we watched 12 of them out-boomed in the Ryder Cup, then came word of Liverpool's potential new buyers. And now the LA Lakers have landed.
It's as if the UK has been invaded. But Elevenses is loving every high-octane minute of it.
The Ryder Cup was Hollywood to the last hole and beyond. Hunter Mahan broke down in tears in the press conference afterwards, and you couldn't help but admire the Americans' dignity in defeat (not to the mention the superior dress - and some would argue attractiveness - of their Wags).
While the Ryder Cup is one of the few sporting events that's not really about money, the takeover struggles at Anfield are clearly ONLY about money for George Gillett and Tom Hicks.
It's all playing out like Shakespearean melodrama and you wouldn't be that surprised if one of those two was found dead in The Kop wearing an mid-80s Dalglish shirt in the next few days. (Joke, obviously)
Let's hope all is resolved quick smart and the Liverpool Red Sox can start work on the 'Primark New Anfield' as soon as possible.
- - -
Glentoran are a Northern Irish league side who've won nine of their 90 competitive games in Europe.
But who cares about stats when you can score goals like this one?
- FOOTBALL.CO.UK BLOGGER:Elevenses
- Elevenses is a high-energy performer who bites at the ankles of football and is not afraid to put a boot in. If it’s in the game, it’s fair game. Unsurprisingly Elevenses is served at 11am every weekday morning. So come and join us for a cup full of opinion and hilarity, and don’t be shy if you’ve got a story you think we should cover.
Previous Blog Posts
- Fergie slams snoods
- The Burmese dictator who wanted to buy United
- Tevez knocks spots off Mancini
- Christmas party season is upon us
- When is a humiliation not a humiliation?
- Premier League stars as X-Factor semi-finalists
- England can win the npower Championship
- Rooney embraces his inner Shrek
- Jose Mourinho will never retire
- Roo's behind you! Wazza the star in United panto
- Welcome to the big time Jack Wilshere
- Will and Kate step aside; Balotelli dumps his WAG by Text
- Beckham's MLS Cup dream dies
- The Simple Cash Solution to Selection-Gate
- Unbreakable Drogba Won't Dive For Malaria
- Leaving Party at the Palace? Edgar Davids orders a Taxi
- Footballing effigies are the future of Bonfire Night
- Maicon RIP: Killer Bale on the Loose
- Rafa v Roy: Pour some sugar on them
- Sharks circle for Mancini
- Welcome to the Processed Chicken Ewood Park!
- Elfish Arsenal have developed a winning hobbit; Owen Owen gone?
- England stars get a kick in the Ballon d'Ors
- Who said nobody likes Gary Neville?
- Robert Pires to non-league Crawley? Football really has gone mad
- If you don't drink milk you'll only be good enough to play for Liverpool
- Mancini tempts Rooney with 'Sex at the City'
- Is it really ok to swear on your girlfriend's life?
- Has Brett Favre been reading the Ashley Cole playbook?
- Kevin Davies goes down in history
- Is Peter Crouch the best sixth-choice international striker in world football?
- Vucinic to repeat pants trick if he scores against England
- Wayne Rooney ain't a chav innit; Murphy slams psycho managers
- American Invasion; Watch the best goal of all-time
- Tevez and Mancini close to blows; Liverpool Red Sox at 100-1
- Kop call for King Kenny; Beckham on target
- Carlos Salcido is in for a roasting; Bye bye Beckham?
- Holtby wants to dump Germany for England; Arsenal in the dark
- Beckham serves hooker Irma Nici with writ; Shot Togo keeper paid off
- Match of the Day finds a response; It's not great
- Beckham looks for huge payout from hooker; Drogba stadium to be unveiled
- Stephen Ireland's crib gets slammed; Schteeve McClaren is back
- Benitez berates Liverpool board; Houllier targets title with Villa
- Collymore beats up Match of the Day; Jack Wilshere plays TCFS