Elevenses - Tevez and Mancini close to blows; Liverpool Red Sox at 100-1
Published: 06 Oct 2010 - 10:18:02
Carlos Tevez and Roberto Mancini clearly went at it in the dressing room on Sunday lunchtime, after the City striker angrily protested against Mancini's tactics.
According to scurrilous gossip site caughtoffside.com, Mancini told Tevez to "Go f*** your mother," after the Argentine launched a one-man mutiny during the half-time team talk.
City were drawing 1-1 with Newcastle at the time, and the suggestion is that Mancini's 'hairdryder' act was met with criticism of his negative approach from Tevez.
When Mancini volleyed back, the pair are said to have squared up and eyeballed eye each before being calmed by City players and backroom staff.
Mancini finished his rousing rollicking, then retired to his office where reports suggest Tevez joined him and the pair made up. City then went on to clinch the game 2-1 and Tevez shook Mancini's hand in a public display of unity when he was substituted.
No shortage of passion from either man there then.
- - -
Bookmakers are never slow to pick up on potential market, and no sooner had hands been shaken on Liverpool's sale than a superb one-off bet was posted by William Hill.
The bookies has issued odds of 100-1 than New England Sports Ventures, who own the Boston Red Sox, will change the sign at Anfield to read Liverpool Red Sox, when the deal is signed and sealed.
Far-fetched maybe, but a great bit of opportunism and the perfect move to get Liverpool fans riled up.
- FOOTBALL.CO.UK BLOGGER:Elevenses
- Elevenses is a high-energy performer who bites at the ankles of football and is not afraid to put a boot in. If it’s in the game, it’s fair game. Unsurprisingly Elevenses is served at 11am every weekday morning. So come and join us for a cup full of opinion and hilarity, and don’t be shy if you’ve got a story you think we should cover.
Previous Blog Posts
- Fergie slams snoods
- The Burmese dictator who wanted to buy United
- Tevez knocks spots off Mancini
- Christmas party season is upon us
- When is a humiliation not a humiliation?
- Premier League stars as X-Factor semi-finalists
- England can win the npower Championship
- Rooney embraces his inner Shrek
- Jose Mourinho will never retire
- Roo's behind you! Wazza the star in United panto
- Welcome to the big time Jack Wilshere
- Will and Kate step aside; Balotelli dumps his WAG by Text
- Beckham's MLS Cup dream dies
- The Simple Cash Solution to Selection-Gate
- Unbreakable Drogba Won't Dive For Malaria
- Leaving Party at the Palace? Edgar Davids orders a Taxi
- Footballing effigies are the future of Bonfire Night
- Maicon RIP: Killer Bale on the Loose
- Rafa v Roy: Pour some sugar on them
- Sharks circle for Mancini
- Welcome to the Processed Chicken Ewood Park!
- Elfish Arsenal have developed a winning hobbit; Owen Owen gone?
- England stars get a kick in the Ballon d'Ors
- Who said nobody likes Gary Neville?
- Robert Pires to non-league Crawley? Football really has gone mad
- If you don't drink milk you'll only be good enough to play for Liverpool
- Mancini tempts Rooney with 'Sex at the City'
- Is it really ok to swear on your girlfriend's life?
- Has Brett Favre been reading the Ashley Cole playbook?
- Kevin Davies goes down in history
- Is Peter Crouch the best sixth-choice international striker in world football?
- Vucinic to repeat pants trick if he scores against England
- Wayne Rooney ain't a chav innit; Murphy slams psycho managers
- American Invasion; Watch the best goal of all-time
- Tevez and Mancini close to blows; Liverpool Red Sox at 100-1
- Kop call for King Kenny; Beckham on target
- Carlos Salcido is in for a roasting; Bye bye Beckham?
- Holtby wants to dump Germany for England; Arsenal in the dark
- Beckham serves hooker Irma Nici with writ; Shot Togo keeper paid off
- Match of the Day finds a response; It's not great
- Beckham looks for huge payout from hooker; Drogba stadium to be unveiled
- Stephen Ireland's crib gets slammed; Schteeve McClaren is back
- Benitez berates Liverpool board; Houllier targets title with Villa
- Collymore beats up Match of the Day; Jack Wilshere plays TCFS