Elevenses - Kop call for King Kenny; Beckham on target
Published: 04 Oct 2010 - 10:50:18
Oh to be a Liverpool fan this damp squib of a Monday morning. Six points from 21 in the Premier League, knocked out of the Carling Cup by Northampton Town and smarting from a home loss to Blackpool. Ouch, ouch, ouch.
Things are so bad at Anfield that Roy Hodgson is already feeling the wrath of the Liverpool faithful. Their stoic manager is talking a good game and promising to fight the good fight, but just how long can he survive if Liverpool stay around the relegation zone?
The Kop was calling for Hodgson's head and Kenny Dalglish yesterday - the man who wanted the job but may ultimately be eternally thankful he didn't get it. Sometimes taking a job can do more damage than good to a reputation - just ask Graham Taylor, or just about any England manager for that matter.
Dalglish could be in the hot seat before the season's out however. When you consider he hasn't managed for a decade it would be a bold move from Liverpool, but it would at least appease the long-suffering fans.
As for Hodgson, a new buyer for Liverpool cannot come soon enough. The only problem is that new buyer may very well want him out.
- - -
David Beckham scored his first goal for over a year yesterday, curling a trademark free-kick into the top corner against Chivas.
The LA Galaxy superstar stuck his tongue out in celebration and was swamped by team-mates. Galaxy won 2-1 to go top of the MLS. Watch it here.
- FOOTBALL.CO.UK BLOGGER:Elevenses
- Elevenses is a high-energy performer who bites at the ankles of football and is not afraid to put a boot in. If it’s in the game, it’s fair game. Unsurprisingly Elevenses is served at 11am every weekday morning. So come and join us for a cup full of opinion and hilarity, and don’t be shy if you’ve got a story you think we should cover.
Previous Blog Posts
- Fergie slams snoods
- The Burmese dictator who wanted to buy United
- Tevez knocks spots off Mancini
- Christmas party season is upon us
- When is a humiliation not a humiliation?
- Premier League stars as X-Factor semi-finalists
- England can win the npower Championship
- Rooney embraces his inner Shrek
- Jose Mourinho will never retire
- Roo's behind you! Wazza the star in United panto
- Welcome to the big time Jack Wilshere
- Will and Kate step aside; Balotelli dumps his WAG by Text
- Beckham's MLS Cup dream dies
- The Simple Cash Solution to Selection-Gate
- Unbreakable Drogba Won't Dive For Malaria
- Leaving Party at the Palace? Edgar Davids orders a Taxi
- Footballing effigies are the future of Bonfire Night
- Maicon RIP: Killer Bale on the Loose
- Rafa v Roy: Pour some sugar on them
- Sharks circle for Mancini
- Welcome to the Processed Chicken Ewood Park!
- Elfish Arsenal have developed a winning hobbit; Owen Owen gone?
- England stars get a kick in the Ballon d'Ors
- Who said nobody likes Gary Neville?
- Robert Pires to non-league Crawley? Football really has gone mad
- If you don't drink milk you'll only be good enough to play for Liverpool
- Mancini tempts Rooney with 'Sex at the City'
- Is it really ok to swear on your girlfriend's life?
- Has Brett Favre been reading the Ashley Cole playbook?
- Kevin Davies goes down in history
- Is Peter Crouch the best sixth-choice international striker in world football?
- Vucinic to repeat pants trick if he scores against England
- Wayne Rooney ain't a chav innit; Murphy slams psycho managers
- American Invasion; Watch the best goal of all-time
- Tevez and Mancini close to blows; Liverpool Red Sox at 100-1
- Kop call for King Kenny; Beckham on target
- Carlos Salcido is in for a roasting; Bye bye Beckham?
- Holtby wants to dump Germany for England; Arsenal in the dark
- Beckham serves hooker Irma Nici with writ; Shot Togo keeper paid off
- Match of the Day finds a response; It's not great
- Beckham looks for huge payout from hooker; Drogba stadium to be unveiled
- Stephen Ireland's crib gets slammed; Schteeve McClaren is back
- Benitez berates Liverpool board; Houllier targets title with Villa
- Collymore beats up Match of the Day; Jack Wilshere plays TCFS