Elevenses - Stephen Ireland's crib gets slammed; Schteeve McClaren is back
Published: 23 Sep 2010 - 11:12:42
Morning punters. Any big stories we ought to be aware of today? Anything involving a big-name player and, say, a couple of prostitutes and a threesome?
We make no apologies for leaving Beckham's bits out of it. Elevenses doesn't stoop to those lows - we leave that to Stevie Scandal. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
So let's get started with Steve McClaren's latest trick - a lovely German accent to befit his new role as Wolfsburg manager.
We can't find a decent clip unfortunately - so you'll have to make do with Schteeeve's Dutch accent instead.
Meanwhile, Stephen Ireland has taken a battering in the Daily Mail this morning - for owning 'the tackiest house in Britain'.
Jan Moir ripped into the Aston Villa midfielder's crib after it was featured in a celebrity magazine spread.
Among the crimes to good taste at Chateau Ireland are a pool table emblazened with his name, a hideous cocktail bar and huge fish tank. There's also his pink-wheeled Range Rover and the £260,000 Bentley he brought for his girlfriend Jessica Lawlor to consider.
Ireland had a note weaved into the driver's headrest. How romantic is that?
- - -
Finally, a mention for Germany's latest footballing prodigy - Lewis Holtby. The 20-year-old scored twice last week to take Mainz to the top of the Bundesliga and captains the U21 national team.
I know what you're thinking - Lewis Holtby doesn't sound very German does it? Well it turns out his father's an English military man. Even though he was born in Germany we could still nab him.
- FOOTBALL.CO.UK BLOGGER:Elevenses
- Elevenses is a high-energy performer who bites at the ankles of football and is not afraid to put a boot in. If it’s in the game, it’s fair game. Unsurprisingly Elevenses is served at 11am every weekday morning. So come and join us for a cup full of opinion and hilarity, and don’t be shy if you’ve got a story you think we should cover.
Previous Blog Posts
- Fergie slams snoods
- The Burmese dictator who wanted to buy United
- Tevez knocks spots off Mancini
- Christmas party season is upon us
- When is a humiliation not a humiliation?
- Premier League stars as X-Factor semi-finalists
- England can win the npower Championship
- Rooney embraces his inner Shrek
- Jose Mourinho will never retire
- Roo's behind you! Wazza the star in United panto
- Welcome to the big time Jack Wilshere
- Will and Kate step aside; Balotelli dumps his WAG by Text
- Beckham's MLS Cup dream dies
- The Simple Cash Solution to Selection-Gate
- Unbreakable Drogba Won't Dive For Malaria
- Leaving Party at the Palace? Edgar Davids orders a Taxi
- Footballing effigies are the future of Bonfire Night
- Maicon RIP: Killer Bale on the Loose
- Rafa v Roy: Pour some sugar on them
- Sharks circle for Mancini
- Welcome to the Processed Chicken Ewood Park!
- Elfish Arsenal have developed a winning hobbit; Owen Owen gone?
- England stars get a kick in the Ballon d'Ors
- Who said nobody likes Gary Neville?
- Robert Pires to non-league Crawley? Football really has gone mad
- If you don't drink milk you'll only be good enough to play for Liverpool
- Mancini tempts Rooney with 'Sex at the City'
- Is it really ok to swear on your girlfriend's life?
- Has Brett Favre been reading the Ashley Cole playbook?
- Kevin Davies goes down in history
- Is Peter Crouch the best sixth-choice international striker in world football?
- Vucinic to repeat pants trick if he scores against England
- Wayne Rooney ain't a chav innit; Murphy slams psycho managers
- American Invasion; Watch the best goal of all-time
- Tevez and Mancini close to blows; Liverpool Red Sox at 100-1
- Kop call for King Kenny; Beckham on target
- Carlos Salcido is in for a roasting; Bye bye Beckham?
- Holtby wants to dump Germany for England; Arsenal in the dark
- Beckham serves hooker Irma Nici with writ; Shot Togo keeper paid off
- Match of the Day finds a response; It's not great
- Beckham looks for huge payout from hooker; Drogba stadium to be unveiled
- Stephen Ireland's crib gets slammed; Schteeve McClaren is back
- Benitez berates Liverpool board; Houllier targets title with Villa
- Collymore beats up Match of the Day; Jack Wilshere plays TCFS