Elevenses - Collymore beats up Match of the Day; Jack Wilshere plays TCFS
Published: 21 Sep 2010 - 10:10:39
There are lots of things we could level at Stan Collymore, but being boring definitely isn't one of them (wasting his talent, dogging, launching a failed rap career and attacking Ulrika Johnson might make the cut however).
Collymore is back in the news today after treating the Match of the Day crew to a monumental public battering.
"I love Match of the Day," Collymore began - as if stroking a kitten before tying it in a sack and throwing it down a well.
"I've watched it for 33 years but, right now in my opinion as a football fan, it's crap, and like dinosaur football, has to change.
"The standard of MOTD is so poor - and sorry, it is - that you may as well Sky-plus it, skip the analysis and use your own judgement."
Much as Elevenses would like to put Collywobbles back in his place, the lad's got a point. Match of the Day is fairly predictable fare these days and the punditry about as intelligent as a double bill of Jersey Shore.
Not like the old days, when BBC football coverage offered up gems like this.
- - -
From past-it former pros, let's turn our attentions to the future of Arsenal and England's midfield - Jack Wilshere.
Elevenses was fortunate enough to be in young Jack's presence yesterday, but it seemed we weren't quite important enough to warrant an interview...or a response of any kind for that matter.
Is it too early to suggest the fame's gone to his head...
- - -
Still, at least he's not Marlon King. Read about his move to Coventry city HERE
And if it's transfer gossip you're after, look no further than HERE
- FOOTBALL.CO.UK BLOGGER:Elevenses
- Elevenses is a high-energy performer who bites at the ankles of football and is not afraid to put a boot in. If it’s in the game, it’s fair game. Unsurprisingly Elevenses is served at 11am every weekday morning. So come and join us for a cup full of opinion and hilarity, and don’t be shy if you’ve got a story you think we should cover.
Previous Blog Posts
- Fergie slams snoods
- The Burmese dictator who wanted to buy United
- Tevez knocks spots off Mancini
- Christmas party season is upon us
- When is a humiliation not a humiliation?
- Premier League stars as X-Factor semi-finalists
- England can win the npower Championship
- Rooney embraces his inner Shrek
- Jose Mourinho will never retire
- Roo's behind you! Wazza the star in United panto
- Welcome to the big time Jack Wilshere
- Will and Kate step aside; Balotelli dumps his WAG by Text
- Beckham's MLS Cup dream dies
- The Simple Cash Solution to Selection-Gate
- Unbreakable Drogba Won't Dive For Malaria
- Leaving Party at the Palace? Edgar Davids orders a Taxi
- Footballing effigies are the future of Bonfire Night
- Maicon RIP: Killer Bale on the Loose
- Rafa v Roy: Pour some sugar on them
- Sharks circle for Mancini
- Welcome to the Processed Chicken Ewood Park!
- Elfish Arsenal have developed a winning hobbit; Owen Owen gone?
- England stars get a kick in the Ballon d'Ors
- Who said nobody likes Gary Neville?
- Robert Pires to non-league Crawley? Football really has gone mad
- If you don't drink milk you'll only be good enough to play for Liverpool
- Mancini tempts Rooney with 'Sex at the City'
- Is it really ok to swear on your girlfriend's life?
- Has Brett Favre been reading the Ashley Cole playbook?
- Kevin Davies goes down in history
- Is Peter Crouch the best sixth-choice international striker in world football?
- Vucinic to repeat pants trick if he scores against England
- Wayne Rooney ain't a chav innit; Murphy slams psycho managers
- American Invasion; Watch the best goal of all-time
- Tevez and Mancini close to blows; Liverpool Red Sox at 100-1
- Kop call for King Kenny; Beckham on target
- Carlos Salcido is in for a roasting; Bye bye Beckham?
- Holtby wants to dump Germany for England; Arsenal in the dark
- Beckham serves hooker Irma Nici with writ; Shot Togo keeper paid off
- Match of the Day finds a response; It's not great
- Beckham looks for huge payout from hooker; Drogba stadium to be unveiled
- Stephen Ireland's crib gets slammed; Schteeve McClaren is back
- Benitez berates Liverpool board; Houllier targets title with Villa
- Collymore beats up Match of the Day; Jack Wilshere plays TCFS