Rumours - Gerrard and Terry argument caused England split
Published: 05 Jul 2010 - 12:16:15
Rumours surrounding Steven Gerrard and John Terry are refusing to go away even though England exited the World Cup more than a week ago.
Apparently the pair fell out while on international duty in South Africa after Terry became upset that Gerrard was not stripped of the captaincy, despite reportedly being involved in a similar sex scandal to the one which saw JT removed as skipper.
- Rumours - Steven Gerrard linked to pregnant 16-year-old
- Rumours - Gerrard and Terry fell out over scandal
According to TalkSport radio, the latest development surrounding the pair is that their argument caused divisions in the Three Lions' camp, with a number of squad members choosing to side with a particular player.
By all accounts Gerrard's club team-mate Jamie Carragher and fellow scouser Wayne Rooney sided with the Liverpool captain, while Terry's Chelsea colleagues Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole made it clear they were supporting JT.
Details of any confrontations remain unknown but it appears increasingly clear that the Gerrard-Terry issue was to blame for England's less than trouble-free preparation.
- - -
Moving onto a slightly more positive note and Cristiano Ronaldo has become a father for the first time.
The Real Madrid star has revealed that an unnamed woman gave birth to a baby boy last month and that he will have sole custody of the child, with the mother having her identity kept confidential.
Ronaldo's mother and sister are set to bring the child to Portugal where he will be raised.
- - -
Finally, England fans have started a Facebook 'cause' calling for the entire England World Cup squad to donate a week's wages to the 'Help for Heroes' campaign.
Apparently the 23-man-squad earn a total of £2.5 million a week, with Robert Green the lowest earner at £30k a week and John Terry the highest at £180k.
The 'cause' already has 1,638 members - if you would like to join then click HERE.
READ STEVIE SCANDAL'S RUMOURS EXCLUSIVELY AT FOOTBALL.CO.UK
- FOOTBALL.CO.UK BLOGGER:Stevie Scandal
- While most football fans are sleeping off hangovers, Stevie Scandal is out trawling exclusive nightclubs and peering through the windows of mock tudor mansions in her stilettos to break the stories that really matter. No footballer is safe from Stevie's undercover operations. If it's scurrilous gossip and sizzling scandal you're after, Stevie's Football Rumours blog is your online China White's.
Previous Blog Posts
- Premier League stars Vela and Salcido linked to hookers and transvestite party
- Rooney bedded prostitute Helen Wood; Rejected by Samii Darnley because of Coleen
- Shamed Rooney in meltdown; Coleen ponders divorce
- Rooney tells Coleen: I slept with prostitute while you were pregnant
- Crouch caught cheating on fiancee
- Ribery and Benzema investigated over sex scandal
- Lampard romance got Bleakley the sack
- Ashley Cole caught smoking and more
- Gerrard and Terry argument caused England split
- Gerrard victim of text slur campaign
- Will Steven Gerrard and Alex Curran get divorced - Poll
- Gerrard and Terry fell out over scandal
- Alex Curran denies Gerrard split rumours
- Redknapp and Beckham for England
- Real Madrid finally in for Gerrard
- Glen Johnson to Real Madrid and more
- Rafa in for Kuyt and Mascherano
- King Kenny wants Liverpool job
- Berbatov back to Spurs
- Fabregas and Gerrard to Real Madrid
- Hodgson top of Liverpool wishlist
- Gerrard tops Madrid wish list
- Walcott paid the price for defying Capello orders
- Chelsea close in on Benayoun
- Milner and Dzeko top of City shopping list
- Mourinho in for Ashley Cole and Essien
- United eye Van der Vaart
- Mourinho wants Gerrard at Real
- Premier League trio want Ibrahimovic
- Barcelona in for Rooney
- Chelsea ready to fight for Torres
- Benitez believes in Jesus Navas
- Beckham set for World Cup coaching role
- Arteta to United or Arsenal
- World Cup reject Benzema set for United
- Toure paves way for Fabregas Barca move
- Cole and Pienaar heading to Spurs
- Arsenal in for Senegal star
- Hart tops Wenger wishlist
- Torres to Barcelona
- Joe Cole to Arsenal or United
- Rooney set for Ronaldo showdown
- United want Modric to replace Scholes
- Liverpool happy to show Benitez the door
- Avram Grant to take over at West Ham
- Tevez could swap City for Liverpool
- Jack Rodwell is a wanted man
- Fergie fancies Gareth Bale at United
- Ribery and Govou hit by sex scandal