Rumours - Real Madrid finally in for Gerrard
Published: 21 Jun 2010 - 10:24:41
The World Cup might be in full flow but that hasn't stopped the transfer gossip flooding in as usual. Stevie Scandal takes you through the latest Premier League rumours.
- - -
At first it looked as though Jose Mourinho was intent on being reunited with Frank Lampard in Spain, but now he seems to have well and truly switched his attentions to Frank's scouse equivalent.
Gerrard, who Mourinho tried to sign while he was at Chelsea, could be tempted to move from his boyhood club as their financial and managerial problems continue.
However the one issue which could scupper any potential deal is the price, with the Anfield club holding out for £30 million - £10m more than Real want to pay.
- - -
As if Stevie Gee finally leaving Liverpool wasn't shocking enough, just down the road in Manchester an even more surprising deal could be on the cards.
Apparently Sir Alex Ferguson is eyeing a £12m swoop for Manchester City's Micah Richards as a replacement for the ageing Gary Neville.
Richards, who can play at right-back or in central defence, could be keen on a move after seeing his playing time limited over the last campaign.
- - -
In other news, it looks as though Arsene Wenger has finally admitted defeat in the long-running battle for Cesc Fabregas.
The Arsenal boss is looking at Italy and Fiorentina star Riccardo Montolivo to fill the Cesc-shaped hole in the middle of the Gunners' midfield.
- - -
Finally, the fight to sign free agent Martin Petrov is intensifying, as Aston Villa enter the race for the Bulgarian winger's signature.
Petrov has already received offers from Bolton and Blackburn, leaving him with the tricky decision of whether he wants to be in a relegation battle or chasing Europe next season.
READ STEVIE SCANDAL EVERY WEEKDAY AT FOOTBALL.CO.UK
- FOOTBALL.CO.UK BLOGGER:Stevie Scandal
- While most football fans are sleeping off hangovers, Stevie Scandal is out trawling exclusive nightclubs and peering through the windows of mock tudor mansions in her stilettos to break the stories that really matter. No footballer is safe from Stevie's undercover operations. If it's scurrilous gossip and sizzling scandal you're after, Stevie's Football Rumours blog is your online China White's.
Previous Blog Posts
- Premier League stars Vela and Salcido linked to hookers and transvestite party
- Rooney bedded prostitute Helen Wood; Rejected by Samii Darnley because of Coleen
- Shamed Rooney in meltdown; Coleen ponders divorce
- Rooney tells Coleen: I slept with prostitute while you were pregnant
- Crouch caught cheating on fiancee
- Ribery and Benzema investigated over sex scandal
- Lampard romance got Bleakley the sack
- Ashley Cole caught smoking and more
- Gerrard and Terry argument caused England split
- Gerrard victim of text slur campaign
- Will Steven Gerrard and Alex Curran get divorced - Poll
- Gerrard and Terry fell out over scandal
- Alex Curran denies Gerrard split rumours
- Redknapp and Beckham for England
- Real Madrid finally in for Gerrard
- Glen Johnson to Real Madrid and more
- Rafa in for Kuyt and Mascherano
- King Kenny wants Liverpool job
- Berbatov back to Spurs
- Fabregas and Gerrard to Real Madrid
- Hodgson top of Liverpool wishlist
- Gerrard tops Madrid wish list
- Walcott paid the price for defying Capello orders
- Chelsea close in on Benayoun
- Milner and Dzeko top of City shopping list
- Mourinho in for Ashley Cole and Essien
- United eye Van der Vaart
- Mourinho wants Gerrard at Real
- Premier League trio want Ibrahimovic
- Barcelona in for Rooney
- Chelsea ready to fight for Torres
- Benitez believes in Jesus Navas
- Beckham set for World Cup coaching role
- Arteta to United or Arsenal
- World Cup reject Benzema set for United
- Toure paves way for Fabregas Barca move
- Cole and Pienaar heading to Spurs
- Arsenal in for Senegal star
- Hart tops Wenger wishlist
- Torres to Barcelona
- Joe Cole to Arsenal or United
- Rooney set for Ronaldo showdown
- United want Modric to replace Scholes
- Liverpool happy to show Benitez the door
- Avram Grant to take over at West Ham
- Tevez could swap City for Liverpool
- Jack Rodwell is a wanted man
- Fergie fancies Gareth Bale at United
- Ribery and Govou hit by sex scandal