Rumours - United eye Van der Vaart
Published: 26 May 2010 - 07:16:46
Too much gossip, not enough time - especially with so much preening to do before me and the girls head out to South Africa for the Wags World Cup.
Let's start with Man United, and the Daily Star report suggesting Rafael van der Vaart could be on his way to Old Trafford from Real Madrid.
The Dutch midfielder is being valued at £20 million and could be on his way out of the Bernabeu if Jose Mourinho turns up and brings in some old friends.
United are definitely on the hunt for midfielders, with Paul Scholes approaching his 60th birthday and Michael Carrick not in the best of form.
- - -
Meanwhile, Liverpool are said to be eyeing up former United striker Giuseppe Rossi.
The Italian international, who plys his trade at Villarreal in La Liga, is being tipped as a possible partner for Fernando Torres (if he stays around that is - don't believe a word of what his agent says).
A bit of Wags news for you - looks like Cheryl has filed for divorce and has no interest in taking any of Ashley's dirty cash. Nice one Chezza. Well played.
Finally, the Steven Gerrard to Real Madrid rumours are getting stronger by the day.
Mourinho loves a bit of Stevie Gee, and that deal looks like a goer to me.
READ STEVIE EVERY WEEKDAY MORNING AT FOOTBALL.CO.UK
- FOOTBALL.CO.UK BLOGGER:Stevie Scandal
- While most football fans are sleeping off hangovers, Stevie Scandal is out trawling exclusive nightclubs and peering through the windows of mock tudor mansions in her stilettos to break the stories that really matter. No footballer is safe from Stevie's undercover operations. If it's scurrilous gossip and sizzling scandal you're after, Stevie's Football Rumours blog is your online China White's.
Previous Blog Posts
- Premier League stars Vela and Salcido linked to hookers and transvestite party
- Rooney bedded prostitute Helen Wood; Rejected by Samii Darnley because of Coleen
- Shamed Rooney in meltdown; Coleen ponders divorce
- Rooney tells Coleen: I slept with prostitute while you were pregnant
- Crouch caught cheating on fiancee
- Ribery and Benzema investigated over sex scandal
- Lampard romance got Bleakley the sack
- Ashley Cole caught smoking and more
- Gerrard and Terry argument caused England split
- Gerrard victim of text slur campaign
- Will Steven Gerrard and Alex Curran get divorced - Poll
- Gerrard and Terry fell out over scandal
- Alex Curran denies Gerrard split rumours
- Redknapp and Beckham for England
- Real Madrid finally in for Gerrard
- Glen Johnson to Real Madrid and more
- Rafa in for Kuyt and Mascherano
- King Kenny wants Liverpool job
- Berbatov back to Spurs
- Fabregas and Gerrard to Real Madrid
- Hodgson top of Liverpool wishlist
- Gerrard tops Madrid wish list
- Walcott paid the price for defying Capello orders
- Chelsea close in on Benayoun
- Milner and Dzeko top of City shopping list
- Mourinho in for Ashley Cole and Essien
- United eye Van der Vaart
- Mourinho wants Gerrard at Real
- Premier League trio want Ibrahimovic
- Barcelona in for Rooney
- Chelsea ready to fight for Torres
- Benitez believes in Jesus Navas
- Beckham set for World Cup coaching role
- Arteta to United or Arsenal
- World Cup reject Benzema set for United
- Toure paves way for Fabregas Barca move
- Cole and Pienaar heading to Spurs
- Arsenal in for Senegal star
- Hart tops Wenger wishlist
- Torres to Barcelona
- Joe Cole to Arsenal or United
- Rooney set for Ronaldo showdown
- United want Modric to replace Scholes
- Liverpool happy to show Benitez the door
- Avram Grant to take over at West Ham
- Tevez could swap City for Liverpool
- Jack Rodwell is a wanted man
- Fergie fancies Gareth Bale at United
- Ribery and Govou hit by sex scandal