Rumours - Arteta to United or Arsenal
Published: 13 May 2010 - 09:35:44
Arteta has yet to agree to a new long-term deal at Goodison Park and the two Premier League heavyweights are monitoring the progress and may well try and tempt him away with the promise of Champions League football.
Arteta has so far failed to break into the Spanish national team, and a move to a bigger club could be tempting to help him achieve that goal.
- - - -
Roberto Mancini is looking to his native Italy for players to boost his squad, with Mario Balotelli on his list.
Balotelli has had a controversial season with Inter Milan, regularly falling out with coach Jose Mourinho and enduring a fractured relationship with the fans.
City are willing to give him a lifeline to exit the club with Mancini confident he can tame his former charge.
Also linked is Slovakian winger, Marek Hamsik of Napoli, with the 22-year-old having impressed over the past three seasons in Serie A.
- - - -
Liverpool were interested in Pavlyuchenko in January, but a deal failed to materialise, with the Russian having re-established himself in the Spurs first-team recently.
Benayoun is unsure of his Anfield future and may jump at the chance to move to Champions league qualifiers, Tottenham.
- - - -
On to the managerial merry-go-round. First of all, Roy Hodgson has said he's going nowhere and committed himself to Fulham for the time being.
Avram Grant is the heavy favourite to land the West Ham job, with Portsmouth lining up Brighton's Gus Poyet should Grant jump ship.
- FOOTBALL.CO.UK BLOGGER:Stevie Scandal
- While most football fans are sleeping off hangovers, Stevie Scandal is out trawling exclusive nightclubs and peering through the windows of mock tudor mansions in her stilettos to break the stories that really matter. No footballer is safe from Stevie's undercover operations. If it's scurrilous gossip and sizzling scandal you're after, Stevie's Football Rumours blog is your online China White's.
Previous Blog Posts
- Premier League stars Vela and Salcido linked to hookers and transvestite party
- Rooney bedded prostitute Helen Wood; Rejected by Samii Darnley because of Coleen
- Shamed Rooney in meltdown; Coleen ponders divorce
- Rooney tells Coleen: I slept with prostitute while you were pregnant
- Crouch caught cheating on fiancee
- Ribery and Benzema investigated over sex scandal
- Lampard romance got Bleakley the sack
- Ashley Cole caught smoking and more
- Gerrard and Terry argument caused England split
- Gerrard victim of text slur campaign
- Will Steven Gerrard and Alex Curran get divorced - Poll
- Gerrard and Terry fell out over scandal
- Alex Curran denies Gerrard split rumours
- Redknapp and Beckham for England
- Real Madrid finally in for Gerrard
- Glen Johnson to Real Madrid and more
- Rafa in for Kuyt and Mascherano
- King Kenny wants Liverpool job
- Berbatov back to Spurs
- Fabregas and Gerrard to Real Madrid
- Hodgson top of Liverpool wishlist
- Gerrard tops Madrid wish list
- Walcott paid the price for defying Capello orders
- Chelsea close in on Benayoun
- Milner and Dzeko top of City shopping list
- Mourinho in for Ashley Cole and Essien
- United eye Van der Vaart
- Mourinho wants Gerrard at Real
- Premier League trio want Ibrahimovic
- Barcelona in for Rooney
- Chelsea ready to fight for Torres
- Benitez believes in Jesus Navas
- Beckham set for World Cup coaching role
- Arteta to United or Arsenal
- World Cup reject Benzema set for United
- Toure paves way for Fabregas Barca move
- Cole and Pienaar heading to Spurs
- Arsenal in for Senegal star
- Hart tops Wenger wishlist
- Torres to Barcelona
- Joe Cole to Arsenal or United
- Rooney set for Ronaldo showdown
- United want Modric to replace Scholes
- Liverpool happy to show Benitez the door
- Avram Grant to take over at West Ham
- Tevez could swap City for Liverpool
- Jack Rodwell is a wanted man
- Fergie fancies Gareth Bale at United
- Ribery and Govou hit by sex scandal