Rumours - Jack Rodwell is a wanted man
Published: 23 Apr 2010 - 07:34:16
Jack Rodwell must feel like he's in a boy band right now. He's got people climbing over each other to get close to him, screaming hysterically about how great he is and offering up large sums of cash for a closer look.
We already knew Manchester United and Chelsea fancied a bit of the 19-year-old, and Man City want to sign everyone - so they're included in all lists of this nature.
But according to The Times, Arsenal have now entered the race too. The fee being touted is around £25 million, with a massive increase on his £20,000/week guaranteed.
Everton are so desperate to keep Rodwell they're offering an improved contract to the England Under-21 international, but that may not be enough to keep the big boys away.
- - -
United are also flirting again with Klass-Jan Huntelaar, if you believe what you read in The Sun.
AC Milan could potentially swap Dutch hitman Huntelaar for Dimitar Berbatov.
Finally, Zinedane Zidane and Robbie Williams are among the players confirmed for a charity match at Old Trafford on June 6th.
Zidane will be joined by Henrik Larsson in the Rest of the World team, with Teddy Sheringham and Gordon Ramsey alongside Williams in the England Celebs team.
READ STEVIE EVERY WEEKDAY MORNING AT FOOTBALL.CO.UK
- FOOTBALL.CO.UK BLOGGER:Stevie Scandal
- While most football fans are sleeping off hangovers, Stevie Scandal is out trawling exclusive nightclubs and peering through the windows of mock tudor mansions in her stilettos to break the stories that really matter. No footballer is safe from Stevie's undercover operations. If it's scurrilous gossip and sizzling scandal you're after, Stevie's Football Rumours blog is your online China White's.
Previous Blog Posts
- Premier League stars Vela and Salcido linked to hookers and transvestite party
- Rooney bedded prostitute Helen Wood; Rejected by Samii Darnley because of Coleen
- Shamed Rooney in meltdown; Coleen ponders divorce
- Rooney tells Coleen: I slept with prostitute while you were pregnant
- Crouch caught cheating on fiancee
- Ribery and Benzema investigated over sex scandal
- Lampard romance got Bleakley the sack
- Ashley Cole caught smoking and more
- Gerrard and Terry argument caused England split
- Gerrard victim of text slur campaign
- Will Steven Gerrard and Alex Curran get divorced - Poll
- Gerrard and Terry fell out over scandal
- Alex Curran denies Gerrard split rumours
- Redknapp and Beckham for England
- Real Madrid finally in for Gerrard
- Glen Johnson to Real Madrid and more
- Rafa in for Kuyt and Mascherano
- King Kenny wants Liverpool job
- Berbatov back to Spurs
- Fabregas and Gerrard to Real Madrid
- Hodgson top of Liverpool wishlist
- Gerrard tops Madrid wish list
- Walcott paid the price for defying Capello orders
- Chelsea close in on Benayoun
- Milner and Dzeko top of City shopping list
- Mourinho in for Ashley Cole and Essien
- United eye Van der Vaart
- Mourinho wants Gerrard at Real
- Premier League trio want Ibrahimovic
- Barcelona in for Rooney
- Chelsea ready to fight for Torres
- Benitez believes in Jesus Navas
- Beckham set for World Cup coaching role
- Arteta to United or Arsenal
- World Cup reject Benzema set for United
- Toure paves way for Fabregas Barca move
- Cole and Pienaar heading to Spurs
- Arsenal in for Senegal star
- Hart tops Wenger wishlist
- Torres to Barcelona
- Joe Cole to Arsenal or United
- Rooney set for Ronaldo showdown
- United want Modric to replace Scholes
- Liverpool happy to show Benitez the door
- Avram Grant to take over at West Ham
- Tevez could swap City for Liverpool
- Jack Rodwell is a wanted man
- Fergie fancies Gareth Bale at United
- Ribery and Govou hit by sex scandal