Barry the Pro - All football managers are bigots
Published: 29 Apr 2010 - 06:17:09
After all that palava with Gordon Brown and Mrs Duffy yesterday I looked up the word 'bigot'.
'A person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially one who treats members of a group with hatred or intolerance.'
Now is it just me, or does that sound like every single football manager in the business? From Fergie, to Jose, to Fat Nige who runs the local Under-11s, they're all bigots and I won't be going round to their houses to apologise.
The first part of that definition calls for intolerant devotion to your own opinions and prejudices. Fergie, Jose and especially Arsene Wenger are all over that one. They're never wrong and they live every day on the verge of a hissy fit.
As for the hatred and intolerance towards members of a group...step forward referees, assistant referees and anybody involved with making any decisions that might have an impact on their team.
Oh, and in Fergie's case, the media - specifically the BBC.
So that's that sorted then. Mrs Duffy is in the clear, but football managers are all bigots. But perhaps they need to be, after all it seems the biggest culprits are the one's who win the most matches.
Well done last night Jose by the way - your anti-football did he job and we're now guaranteed a Champions League final that finishes 0-0 and goes to penalties.
- - -
The Nag's Head chairman has appealed to the league for special dispensation to sign another full-back for our last game of the season.
With Fat Mick in prison, Three-legged John filming a 'movie' and Miaw Miaw Mike in Ibiza, we just didn't know what else to do.
Apparently they look at your bank balance. If your club's doing alright, they let you do it.
READ BARRY THE PRO EXCLUSIVELY AT FOOTBALL.CO.UK EVERY THURSDAY
- FOOTBALL.CO.UK BLOGGER:barry the pro
- 'Bazza' lives, breathes and dies football every day of his life, before waking up the next morning to do it all over again. On the pitch his penchant for flowery flicks and tricks tends to frustrate his team-mates at Olympiacos Nag's Head FC, but all is forgiven when he shares his generous supply of male grooming products in the showers. BTP drinks lager and lime and has dedicated his life to scoring from the halfway line. Read him on Thursdays.
Previous Blog Posts
- World Cup fever brings out the chav in all of us
- The Capello Index revealed
- All football managers are bigots
- Do not board a plane with Franck Ribery
- Danny Rose may as well retire
- Typical Germans win football matches
- Who said Fabregas was a lightweight fairy
- David Moyes would have battered Mancini
- Bring on P Diddy at the Palace
- Darren Fletcher is the Scottish Zidane
- My England starting XI for the World Cup
- All hail Stoke City and their long-throw genius
- Ronaldinho could play into his 70s
- Arsene Wenger is the Fagin of football
- Professional footballers are filthy animals
- Introducing the revolutionary iRooney
- Sexy Arsenal are tiptoeing their way to the title
- Not even Gary Neville can save Liverpool now
- Beckham does exactly what it says on the tin
- Ten reasons to love Liverpool
- Englands easy route to World Cup glory
- Why Liverpool should join the SPL
- Cheat Thierry Henry is just like the rest of them
- Save the England full-back
- Why Rooney junior is the key to World Cup glory
- I thought United fans ate prawn sandwiches
- Southgate pays the penalty again
- Beckham the beard is ridiculous