Barry the Pro - Bring on P Diddy at the Palace
Published: 18 Mar 2010 - 08:07:16
I've always thought P Diddy was a numpty. Fair enough the lad has built a gazillion-dollar business empire from the ground up, but there was never any coming back from that name-changing business for me.
So it doesn't come as much surprise that he's plotting a bid for Crystal Palace. Apparently it's between them and Portsmouth, and Diddy's cash money is on the table and ready to be poured like Cristal into the Championship.
Maybe that's why Diddy likes the name Crystal Palace. But then he liked the names Puff Daddy, P Diddy and Diddy, so that's hardly a compliment to Croydon's finest.
But with Simon Jordan gone, Palace are crying out for a massive ego and Diddy fits the bill perfectly. This time next season Mary J Blige, Jay-Z and Oprah could be among the superstars sporting Darren Ambrose shirts and hating Brighton.
It's an exciting prospect that's for sure and I for one hope it happens - especially if Palace go down and Diddy and his entourage find themselves drinking milky tea and eating custard creams in the director's lounge at Burton Albion.
Diddy's star power could help Palace attract some proper players of course. Rio loves a bit of the hip hop by all accounts, and Becks could be so desperate for attention in the winter months he could be tempted to shack up in Coulsdon and get under the glow.
This could be the dawn of a new era in football. Those millionaire Russians and Americans are pretty boring really, with their big yachts and their constant holidaying. I'd much rather see the likes of Diddy in the game.
Arnold Schwarzenegger at Ipswich could be next. Or what about George Clooney at Coventry? Tom Cruise at Colchester? Or Jay-Z at Gillingham?
- - -
Nag's Head got absolutely rinsed on Sunday by a team of hungover students who happened to be back for the weekend.
The highlight of the match was when their centre-forward ghosted past Sniffer, beat the keeper and got down on his knees to head the ball into an empty net to make it 6-1.
"John Terry's with your missus you cocky ***," yelled Sniffer.
"Maybe so," he replied. "But not even Ashley Cole would touch yours."
READ BARRY THE PRO EXCLUSIVELY AT FOOTBALL.CO.UK EVERY THURSDAY
- FOOTBALL.CO.UK BLOGGER:barry the pro
- 'Bazza' lives, breathes and dies football every day of his life, before waking up the next morning to do it all over again. On the pitch his penchant for flowery flicks and tricks tends to frustrate his team-mates at Olympiacos Nag's Head FC, but all is forgiven when he shares his generous supply of male grooming products in the showers. BTP drinks lager and lime and has dedicated his life to scoring from the halfway line. Read him on Thursdays.
Previous Blog Posts
- World Cup fever brings out the chav in all of us
- The Capello Index revealed
- All football managers are bigots
- Do not board a plane with Franck Ribery
- Danny Rose may as well retire
- Typical Germans win football matches
- Who said Fabregas was a lightweight fairy
- David Moyes would have battered Mancini
- Bring on P Diddy at the Palace
- Darren Fletcher is the Scottish Zidane
- My England starting XI for the World Cup
- All hail Stoke City and their long-throw genius
- Ronaldinho could play into his 70s
- Arsene Wenger is the Fagin of football
- Professional footballers are filthy animals
- Introducing the revolutionary iRooney
- Sexy Arsenal are tiptoeing their way to the title
- Not even Gary Neville can save Liverpool now
- Beckham does exactly what it says on the tin
- Ten reasons to love Liverpool
- Englands easy route to World Cup glory
- Why Liverpool should join the SPL
- Cheat Thierry Henry is just like the rest of them
- Save the England full-back
- Why Rooney junior is the key to World Cup glory
- I thought United fans ate prawn sandwiches
- Southgate pays the penalty again
- Beckham the beard is ridiculous