Barry the Pro - Professional footballers are filthy animals
Published: 04 Feb 2010 - 07:13:33
All this 'John Terry must die' nonsense is getting ridiculous. The poor bloke is a pig-headed, arrogant, love-rat footballer, not a politician or an ambassador for fidelity.
People forget that footballers are dirty circus animals. They get pulled from their habitats before pubity, sucked into a bubble of adoration and paraded before cheering idiots on a bi-weekly basis.
For this they get rewarded handsomely. And so they should. I'd want £150,000 a week to be laughed at and have every mistake I made splashed all over the papers.
- Top five love-rat footballers
- Vanessa Perroncel gallery
- Hull 1-1 Chelsea
Nobody summed up my thinking better than Dan from Essex.
"John Terry can shag whoever he wants if helps England do well at the World Cup," he wrote. "And he can have my missus if we win it."
Too right Dan. And to be honest your missus is pretty safe based on England's recent history. So, good shout all round.
Me and the boys don't understand what all the fuss is about. If JT had scored a deliberate own goal, taken up smoking, or promised Cristiano Ronaldo he could run past him unchallenged in South Africa, then I'd have a serious problem.
Those things would affect what happens on the pitch. And that's what we should care about. Not his ridiculous private life - of which 70% of the football public, if they're honest, are probably jealous.
If we're not careful, the English public will turn JT into a jibbering wreck and he won't even be in South Africa. He'll be in the Priory, and then on Celebrity Big Brother, and then...well you get the picture.
So, the message from Barry is plain and simple. Leave the boy alone. He cheated on one Wag with another man's ex-Wag. He didn't miss a penalty in a World Cup semi-final.
- - -
Nag's Head climbed to mid-table with a convincing 3-1 win against my old team Boca Juveniles on Sunday.
I got the first one, leaping like a trout to bite the hand that used to feed me.
"Judas" they screamed from the touchline every time I touched the ball. But when 'they' consists of your fat brother-in-law Terry, and 'Becky the bike', it's pretty easy to deal with.
READ BARRY THE PRO EXCLUSIVELY AT FOOTBALL.CO.UK EVERY THURSDAY
- FOOTBALL.CO.UK BLOGGER:barry the pro
- 'Bazza' lives, breathes and dies football every day of his life, before waking up the next morning to do it all over again. On the pitch his penchant for flowery flicks and tricks tends to frustrate his team-mates at Olympiacos Nag's Head FC, but all is forgiven when he shares his generous supply of male grooming products in the showers. BTP drinks lager and lime and has dedicated his life to scoring from the halfway line. Read him on Thursdays.
Previous Blog Posts
- World Cup fever brings out the chav in all of us
- The Capello Index revealed
- All football managers are bigots
- Do not board a plane with Franck Ribery
- Danny Rose may as well retire
- Typical Germans win football matches
- Who said Fabregas was a lightweight fairy
- David Moyes would have battered Mancini
- Bring on P Diddy at the Palace
- Darren Fletcher is the Scottish Zidane
- My England starting XI for the World Cup
- All hail Stoke City and their long-throw genius
- Ronaldinho could play into his 70s
- Arsene Wenger is the Fagin of football
- Professional footballers are filthy animals
- Introducing the revolutionary iRooney
- Sexy Arsenal are tiptoeing their way to the title
- Not even Gary Neville can save Liverpool now
- Beckham does exactly what it says on the tin
- Ten reasons to love Liverpool
- Englands easy route to World Cup glory
- Why Liverpool should join the SPL
- Cheat Thierry Henry is just like the rest of them
- Save the England full-back
- Why Rooney junior is the key to World Cup glory
- I thought United fans ate prawn sandwiches
- Southgate pays the penalty again
- Beckham the beard is ridiculous