Barry the Pro - I thought United fans ate prawn sandwiches
Published: 29 Oct 2009 - 07:34:58
Happy Thursday my old football.co.uk muccas, I trust you're all loving life and enjoying another week of crazy action in the Lager Cup.
Me and the boys watched the Barnsley-United fiasco down the Nag's Head on Tuesday. To be honest, we were expecting a boring 3-0, but Fergie's men only went and pulled off the two biggest surprises of the week.
First up, liddle Mickey Owen stuck one in the onion bag. And it weren't no tap-in either. That nutmeg was glorious and his finish took us back the summer of 1998...and a bar called Banana's in Benidorm.
Anyway, I digress.
Then there was the crowd trouble. Now, United fans are not known for being larey. I mean, at least 70% of them have usually travelled from Thailand to be at the game, so there ain't much energy left for scrapping.
And then there was the ransacking of the food stalls. There was me thinking United fans ate nothing but prawn sandwiches, and there they are acting all Robin Hood and bagging mouldy meat pies to feed the masses.
Barry the Pro don't condone this sort of behaviour, obviously.
Before I do one, I should tell you about Sunday. We won 8-2. It was flipping ridiculous. 'Batman' got six and their centre-back scored four (two in each net).
They call him Batman because he wears this ridiculous cape all the time. And he's married to a girl called Robin.
Much love, Bazza
READ BARRY THE PRO EVERY THURSDAY EXCLUSIVELY AT FOOTBALL.CO.UK
- FOOTBALL.CO.UK BLOGGER:barry the pro
- 'Bazza' lives, breathes and dies football every day of his life, before waking up the next morning to do it all over again. On the pitch his penchant for flowery flicks and tricks tends to frustrate his team-mates at Olympiacos Nag's Head FC, but all is forgiven when he shares his generous supply of male grooming products in the showers. BTP drinks lager and lime and has dedicated his life to scoring from the halfway line. Read him on Thursdays.
Previous Blog Posts
- World Cup fever brings out the chav in all of us
- The Capello Index revealed
- All football managers are bigots
- Do not board a plane with Franck Ribery
- Danny Rose may as well retire
- Typical Germans win football matches
- Who said Fabregas was a lightweight fairy
- David Moyes would have battered Mancini
- Bring on P Diddy at the Palace
- Darren Fletcher is the Scottish Zidane
- My England starting XI for the World Cup
- All hail Stoke City and their long-throw genius
- Ronaldinho could play into his 70s
- Arsene Wenger is the Fagin of football
- Professional footballers are filthy animals
- Introducing the revolutionary iRooney
- Sexy Arsenal are tiptoeing their way to the title
- Not even Gary Neville can save Liverpool now
- Beckham does exactly what it says on the tin
- Ten reasons to love Liverpool
- Englands easy route to World Cup glory
- Why Liverpool should join the SPL
- Cheat Thierry Henry is just like the rest of them
- Save the England full-back
- Why Rooney junior is the key to World Cup glory
- I thought United fans ate prawn sandwiches
- Southgate pays the penalty again
- Beckham the beard is ridiculous