Barry the Pro - Southgate pays the penalty again
Published: 23 Oct 2009 - 07:56:35
Happy Days, football.co.uk readers! That's unless you're Gareth Southgate, Rafa Be-needingajobsoon, or that fuzzy-faced goon who launched a beach ball into the mixer at the Stadium of Light.
Me and the boys was gutted for Southgate. The poor geezer is stuck up there in freezing cold Miserybrough, slogging away in the Championship, and his head was on the block all along.
It's crystal what happened. They've been trying to find somebody else for ages and they've finally got their man.
It's a bit like keeping a minging bird on the go until you land a fitter one. And it's double-bad, because Southgate is like one of those really nice birds who does your washing and lets you watch the naughty channels.
Old Gareth will be alright though. And at least this management lark has stopped everyone talking about the penalty he missed at Euro 96. (Oopsy daisy, I hurt you again).
Next up on the loser radar is the poor old Liverpool gaffer. The boys all reckon he'll have done one by Chrimbo, but I reckon he'll get pushed. What Liverpool need is some steel in midfield. Somebody like Jan Molby, or Nigel Clough (haha).
As for the fella who threw the balloon, you have to give the man some respect. That was a quality delivery and I wouldn't be surprised if Stoke signed him up on the back of that. Shame about the skin condition though, never seen anthing like those black squares all over his mug.
I almost forgot. We got done 2-0 at home on Sunday by a right bunch of prima donnas. It was one to forget. Muggsy let one through his legs and I missed a absolute sitter.
It's been a good week for losers. Innit.
Much love, Bazza
YOU CAN READ BARRY THE PRO EVERY THURSDAY EXCLUSIVELY AT FOOTBALL.CO.UK
- FOOTBALL.CO.UK BLOGGER:barry the pro
- 'Bazza' lives, breathes and dies football every day of his life, before waking up the next morning to do it all over again. On the pitch his penchant for flowery flicks and tricks tends to frustrate his team-mates at Olympiacos Nag's Head FC, but all is forgiven when he shares his generous supply of male grooming products in the showers. BTP drinks lager and lime and has dedicated his life to scoring from the halfway line. Read him on Thursdays.
Previous Blog Posts
- World Cup fever brings out the chav in all of us
- The Capello Index revealed
- All football managers are bigots
- Do not board a plane with Franck Ribery
- Danny Rose may as well retire
- Typical Germans win football matches
- Who said Fabregas was a lightweight fairy
- David Moyes would have battered Mancini
- Bring on P Diddy at the Palace
- Darren Fletcher is the Scottish Zidane
- My England starting XI for the World Cup
- All hail Stoke City and their long-throw genius
- Ronaldinho could play into his 70s
- Arsene Wenger is the Fagin of football
- Professional footballers are filthy animals
- Introducing the revolutionary iRooney
- Sexy Arsenal are tiptoeing their way to the title
- Not even Gary Neville can save Liverpool now
- Beckham does exactly what it says on the tin
- Ten reasons to love Liverpool
- Englands easy route to World Cup glory
- Why Liverpool should join the SPL
- Cheat Thierry Henry is just like the rest of them
- Save the England full-back
- Why Rooney junior is the key to World Cup glory
- I thought United fans ate prawn sandwiches
- Southgate pays the penalty again
- Beckham the beard is ridiculous