- Blackburn Rovers News
- News Archive
- League Table
- Championship News
Moyes disgusted by Kean abuse
Published : 22 Dec 2011 15:47:09Rss feed
Everton manager David Moyes has hit out at the 'disgusting' treatment of Blackburn counterpart Steve Kean by his own supporters.
Moyes has revealed he walked out of Rovers' demoralising loss to Bolton at Ewood Park on Tuesday in protest at the abuse Kean was receiving from fans. Blackburn's 2-1 defeat to their fellow strugglers left them bottom of the Barclays Premier League and increased the pressure on Kean and the club's under-fire owners Venky's.
Moyes said: "I walked out at half-time. I couldn't believe the criticism they gave their manager. If they had supported the team as well as they had shouted at their manager I think the team might have got a result in the game. I was disgusted with how football supporters treated Steve."
He added: "The only way I could show it was by leaving at half-time."
Moyes believes it is time Venky's, the Indian poultry firm who bought Blackburn last year, clarified the situation at the crisis-hit club.
The Scot said: "Steve stood on the touchline the whole night and took the barracking, never hid from it.
"He was big enough to stand there and take it and that says a lot about him.
"But sometimes on these occasions the owners need to step forward and be seen - come out and tell people exactly what is happening so the supporters are aware of it.
"But the supporters were there. It was a really big game for Blackburn and Bolton.
"The Bolton supporters really got behind their manager and their team. If Blackburn supporters had done that it might have helped them."
Related Blackburn Rovers News