ENGLAND BEACH SOCCER
Published : 23 Jul 2009 14:09:33Rss feed
The best way to experience beach soccer is to get on thesand and play the game. There are participation events taking place throughout the summer in various different locations, and many of these are open to both new and experienced teams.
If you don't already have them, we can supply kits, balls, and all the other equipment you may need on England's official Beach Soccer website in our Beach Soccer Shop. After that, all that's left is to get your boots off, get on the sand, and get practicing!
See you on the sand.
For more information please visit:
The Rules of Beach Soccer
- Beach soccer is played on a soft sand pitch, roughly a quarter the size of a grass pitch
- Teams are 5-a-side
- Each Team has 10 people (2 goalkeepers)
- Unlimited substitutions are allowed
- Each game has three 12-minute periods
- Beach Soccer is geared towards goals (all free kicks direct + no walls)
- Three cards are used in beach soccer -yellow, then a blue and finally a red card
- If a player is fouled, they must take the free-kick themselves
- No footwear is allowed, but goalkeepers may wear gloves