DISNEY XD BEACH SOCCER TOUR
England Beach Soccer has joined forces with Disney XD, the new kids TV channel launching later this year, in a bid to introduce more kids to our wonderful sport.
The Disney XD Beach Soccer Tour will be visiting urban and coastal locations throughout the UK this summer, culminating in an event on London’s famous Oxford Street.
As well as competitive matches for kids aged 8-14, each event will include skills and drills, coaching sessions with members of the England national beach soccer squad, exclusive sneak peeks at upcoming Disney XD shows, along with music and demonstrations.
Teams are chosen on a first come first serve basis, and with the demand for places expected to be high, players are encouraged to register their team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0208 232 7184.
Venues for 2009
Portsmouth, Southsea Common Saturday 1 August
Nottingham, Market Square Wednesday 12 August
Butlins, Minehead Saturday 15 August
Hyde, Greater Manchester Saturday 22 August
London, Parklife Oxford Street Saturday 29 August
Schedule of Day:
10:00 11:30 Under 8’s
11:30 13:00 Under 10’s
13:30 15:00 Under 12’s
15:00 16:30 Under 14’s
Each session will consist of 30 minutes of coaching, teaching of basic rules getting the kids ready for a fun competition format each age group from each location will produce one champion team.
(EBS might from time to time add or remove an age group category dependant on demand.)
Who can enter and how?
Teams will be entered on a first come first served basis, only teams with a minimum number of 5 children (open to both sexes, but all children must be within the same age category). FA regional registered football clubs, schools and local community groups will be given priority. All enquiries to: email@example.com / England Beach Soccer 0208 232 7184
The Rules of Beach Soccer
- Beach soccer is played on a soft sand pitch, roughly a quarter the size of a grass pitch
- Teams are 5-a-side
- Each Team has 10 people (2 goalkeepers)
- Unlimited substitutions are allowed
- Each game has three 12-minute periods
- Beach Soccer is geared towards goals (all free kicks direct + no walls)
- Three cards are used in beach soccer -yellow, then a blue and finally a red card
- If a player is fouled, they must take the free-kick themselves
- No footwear is allowed, but goalkeepers may wear gloves