Barcelona confirm Alba talks, deny Drogba link
Barcelona president Sandro Rosell on Tuesday confirmed that the Catalans are in negotiations to sign Spain left-back Jordi Alba from Valencia, but dismissed that Didier Drogba is on his way to the Camp Nou.
"I don't like these negotiations being made public, but they have been," Rosell said at a press conference.
Rosell added that no price had yet been agreed for the 23-year-old Alba, who is currently with the Spain squad at Euro 2012.
"How much we pay for Alba will depend on the negotiations. Everything is worth what you are willing to pay or how much you are willing to sell for."
Rosell's comments come a day after Valencia's director of communications, Damia Vidagany, claimed that his club had asked Barcelona for a transfer fee of 15 million euros ($18.7m).
The Barcelona president also insisted that there was no truth in suggestions that Ivory Coast star Drogba would be signing for the Spanish Cup winners.
Drogba revealed last week that he was signing for Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua, but Catalan tv station TV3 reported that the 34-year-old was ready to change his mind and would be in Barcelona to complete a move to the Camp Nou instead.
"I know nothing. If he is in Barcelona he must be on holiday or for some other personal matter, it has nothing to do with Barca," said Rosell, who added that his club had 40 million euros ($49.9m) available to spend on players.
Related Barcelona News