VfL Wolfsburg's troubled Brazil midfielder Diego said on Tuesday that Spanish club Atletico Madrid have made an offer to sign him as he continues his exile from the Wolves' squad.
"Nothing has yet been decided, but there is an offer for me. Atletico is a great club, but I still have my contract with Wolfsburg," said the 26-year-old, with the transfer window set to close on August 31.
Diego fell out of favour with Wolfsburg coach Felix Magath after storming out of the team hotel having been dropped for Wolves' final league game of last season as the team only narrowly avoided relegation.
He later apologised to Magath and his team-mates, but the coach has said he has no future at the 2009 German champions and Diego has played no part in any of Wolfsburg's matches so far this season.
Magath also insists he has heard nothing about an offer from Spain.
"I know nothing of this. No one has reported anything to me officially," Magath told Wolfsburg paper Braunschweiger Zeitung.
Diego was signed from Juventus in August 2010 after a disappointing time there and has a contract at Wolfsburg until June 2014.
Wolfsburg want at least 10 million euros for him, while Atletico are only willing to pay five million euros.