Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill has confirmed that centre-back Olof Mellberg could leave the club to join Juventus as early as next week.
The 30-year-old Sweden stopper had been expected to agree a pre-contract agreement with Juve, before heading to Italy next summer.
However, O'Neill has now revealed that the Turin giants are keen to land Mellberg immediately due to injury problems among their squad.
He said: "Olof is keeping me in the picture, I have absolute trust in him. I know what is happening. After the weekend we will have a look at some things.
"Juventus have put an offer to us although I haven't seen it yet. I have been told about it.
"That is a natural thing for them to do if they want to sign someone and want to have him in January instead of the end of the season.
"If Olof chooses to go to Juventus in the summer and is in the form he has shown me so far when playing this season, then great.
"I'll have a better picture of what is happening on Monday."