Have your say on this match
BIG-MATCH FACTS The tie in context
• Aston Villa are one of six Premier League clubs visiting a Championship side in the third round.
Gulf in class
• Sheffield United are 23 places lower than Villa in the pecking order.
Head-to-head • Meeting each other for the first time in four seasons.
• Aston Villa won their last clash, 3-0 at Villa Park in the Premier League in May 2007.
FA Cup records and best performances
• Their only meetings outside the league were in the FA Cup, where they've been drawn to meet each other five times previously.
• Villa progressed on three occasions; Sheffield United twice.
• The Blades prevailed most recently; 3-1 in the third round at Bramall Lane in January 2005.
The clubs SHEFFIELD UNITED
• Not won in four games (1D, 3L), scoring twice in each of those.
• Won one of seven; 1-0, home to Swansea on 18 December.
FA Cup form
• Aiming to successfully negotiate the third round for the fourth year running.
• Manchester City were the last Premier League club they eliminated, in the fourth round in January 2008.
• Victory would be their 150th in an FA Cup match.
• The first goal they score will be their 500th in the history of the competition.
• Not won in four (1D, 3L).
• Won one of 10, seven of which were lost.
• Not won on the road since a 2-1 triumph against Wolves at Molineux on 26 September.
FA Cup form
• Enjoyed their best run in the competition for a decade by reaching the last four last season.
• The seven times winners last lifted the trophy in 1957.
• Sheffield United were the last lower division club to dismiss them; 3-1 in the third round at Bramall Lane in January 2005.
Replay date Wednesday, 19 January 2011 (Kick off: 1945 GMT)
Match officials Referee: Mike Jones (Cheshire)
Assistant referees: Dean Mohareb and Gary Beswick
Fourth official: Graham Salisbury