skip to content

Yaya Toure key to Cesc Fabregas deal as Barcelona plot player plus 10m move

More

08 Jun 2010 12:08:59

Yaya Toure key to Cesc Fabregas deal as Barcelona plot player plus 10m move

Barcelona are ready to offer Yaya Toure plus around £10million in a bid to break the impasse in negotiations to sign Cesc Fabregas from Arsenal. Toure's agent Dimitri Selcuk has given the green light to the deal, despite saying just three weeks ago that the Ivory Coast midfielder had better offers. It is also just four days since Selcuk indicated Toure had agreed a deal with an English club, thought to be Manchester City, but the 27-year-old's future is once again up in the air. Makeweight: Barcelona are ready to offer Yaya Toure plus £10m to snare Cesc Fabregas away from Arsenal 'With City, everything has changed,' said the agent. 'Although they talk a lot, they do not look like a rich club,  more like a club in financial ruin, when they put their options on paper.' Barca are running out of time to complete a deal before the World Cup, with Fabregas and the rest of the Spain squad due to fly to South Africa on Thursday. The Spanish champions are ready to sell Toure, who also interests Chelsea, and want £30million for him despite his suitors valuing him nearer to £20m. Barca will paint their latest offer as an improvement on the £29m bid rejected by Arsenal last week, but the Gunners are holding out for £60m despite being keen on Toure. Selcuk said: 'The Fabregas deal could happen thanks to Toure. He could go to Arsenal. '(Arsenal manager Arsene) Wenger likes him and they are interested in signing him. If the conditions are right the deal could be closed very soon.' Heading home: Cesc Fabregas' (right) will he/won't he saga is set to go the distance Outgoing Nou Camp president Joan Laporta has kept up the public pressure to reach an agreement by saying he doesn't understand why the Gunners are desperately trying to hold on to a player who wants to leave. [caption Laporta, who confirmed on Monday night his hope of a breakthrough in the next 48 hours, said: 'We have made an offer and they rejected it. 'We are still interested, but we respect their position and will try to change their mind. 'Everyone is aware of the difficulties of any negotiation in which, despite the fact that the player wants to come, the club defend their position. 'If a player like this, who also has the privilege of being captain of Arsenal, tells the club that his time is over and he wants to continue his career at Barca... I always want players at my club who want to be there show commitment. 'If a player legitimately demonstrates that he does not want to be at Barca, I would immediately open the doors and defend the interests of the club, while attempting to reconcile them with those of the player and the buying team.' Laporta's successor will be chosen on Sunday, but the current chief will stay in post till the end of the month and has pledged to work on the deal till the last day of his tenure, even if an agreement cannot be reached this week. 'It is an operation wanted by all the (presidential) candidates, the coach (Pep Guardiola) and the technical secretary,' he said.   Fabregas focused on Spain's World Cup bid, not Barca's offer, says Pique48 hours to net Cesc: Barca to up bid for Fabregas before the World CupArsenal boss Wenger to beat Man City in race for Chelsea midfielder ColeArsenal demand Barcelona double their offer to £60m for Cesc FabregasARSENAL FC


Daily_Mail

Sponsored links

Facebook comments