Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger insists he will see out his contract, despite the shock departure of close friend and Gunners vice-chairman David Dein earlier this week.
Dein still holds a 14 per cent stake in the north London club but left the Emirates Stadium on Wednesday due to "irreconcilable differences" with other board members believed to be his support for a takeover led by American sports magnate Stanley Kroenke.
Wenger, who was brought to Arsenal by Dein more than a decade ago, has revealed his disappointment at the news, but has vowed to see out his contract which runs until the end of next season.
"I will complete my contract so I am going to stay here until 2008. I will continue to give my best as I always have," said the Frenchman.
"If this had not happened, people would not be asking me these questions about my contract. I committed to that."
Wenger used his pre-match press conference ahead of Saturday's north London derby with Tottenham at White Hart Lane to pay tribute to Dein.
He said: "We have lost a man of class, intelligence and competence who made a great contribution to this club.
"It is a disappointment and a big loss. David always at heart had the best interest of the club.
"Even if I am very sad it is important to keep the best interest of the club in mind.
"We have many young players and I want to develop this team and go as high up as we can.
"We had a great partnership but now we have to focus on tomorrow."
However, Wenger insists he is good terms with the other directors of the club despite this week's shock departure.
"My position is that I am linked with the club very strongly," he added.
"The relationship with the rest (of the board) has always been very good and we try always to have a good understanding."