skip to content

Henry and Anelka still yet to give up on World Cup bonuses after France farce

21 Dec 2010 19:59:32

Henry and Anelka still yet to give up on World Cup bonuses after France farce

Thierry Henry and Nicolas Anelka have yet to give up formally their World Cup-related bonuses, the French Football Federation said on Tuesday. French newspaper Liberation reported that the two strikers had refused to sign the paperwork stating that they would give up the bonuses, but the FFF said that was not exactly the case. 'They have not replied but they have not refused,' FFF communications director Francois Manardo said. Sacre Bleu! France's World Cup ended winless and in disgrace after players refused to train in protest at boss Raymond Domenech Federation president Fernand Duchaussoy said last month that the France players who took part in this year's World Cup would give their bonuses, amounting to some 3 million euros ($3.95 million), to amateur clubs. After their shock first-round exit in South Africa, the players promised they would give up a share of sponsorship revenue. France's dismal World Cup campaign also included a players' strike in protest at the decision to kick Anelka out of the squad for insulting then coach Raymond Domenech. Chelsea striker Anelka was banned for 18 matches by the FFF.   Sacre bleu! Laurent Blanc bans all 23 World Cup flops from first match in charge of FranceKakuta snubs AC Milan as Chelsea starlet signs contract extension till 2015The American dream - Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka considers ending career in MLSPull your weight! Malouda tells Chelsea defenders to shape up and stop rot  Explore more:People: Raymond Domenech, Nicolas Anelka, Thierry Henry Places: France, South Africa Organisations: French Football Federation


Daily_Mail

Sponsored links