The latest transfer window is just around the corner and the media rumour mill is in full swing as the Premier League title hopefuls look to put one over their rivals.
According to the Daily Mail, league leaders Arsenal are planning a January swoop for Ajax’s Dutch midfielder Davy Klaassen, a rising star being dubbed ‘the new Dennis Bergkamp’.
Speculation, of course, is rife at this time of the season and here’s a brief summary of the January transfer moves being predicted by our national papers today
- Arsenal have watched Ajax's Dutch midfielder Davy Klaassen who has been compared to Dennis Bergkamp.
- The Gunners face competition from Barcelona and Manchester United in the race to sign Borussia Dortmund's German midfielder Ilkay Gundogan.
- Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola has dismissed speculation that Manchester City have tabled a £40million bid for goalkeeper Manuel Neuer.
- West Ham will make a move for Inter Milan's Argentina forward Diego Milito for a reduced fee in January as Sam Allardyce looks to improve his striking options.
- West Brom are eyeing a move for Ipswich's £3million-rated defender Aaron Cresswell, a player Town boss Mick McCarthy calls ‘ the best left back in the Championship’.
- Manchester United have missed out on the signing of Desportivo Brazil striker Bruno Gomes after he announced his move to Internacional.
- Arsenal want Barcelona's Paraguayan prospect Tony Sanabria, who is reported to have rejected a contract with the Catalan club.
- Crystal Palace boss Tony Pulis is keen on giant Brondby striker Simon Makienok as he looks to build on his impressive start at Selhurst Park – three wins in four.
- Atletico Madrid want top keeper Pepe Reina when his loan deal with Napoli expires and he returns to Liverpool.
- Tottenham are considering a surprise move for Wolfsburg midfielder Luiz Gustavo.
- Yohan Cabaye has dropped a big hint he may be ready to leave Newcastle for a switch to PSG (although the Mirror reports he is ‘happy’ on Tyneside.
- Barcelona will join Arsenal and Manchester United in a £25m bidding war for Dortmund ace Ilkay Gundogan.