League One Review - Sept 18th

18 September 2010 06:14
Here's the round up of the League One action as new leaders assume pole position. Huddersfield Town rise to the top of the table following a 4-2 win over Yeovil Town at the Galpharm Stadium, but had to come from behind to secure the win. The Somerset side had taken a 2-goal lead going in to the break after Bowditch and Huntingdon netted in the 9th and 15th minutes respectively. That's as good as it got the visitors as Arfield (49th min), a McCombe brace (66th and 68th mins) and a penalty from Roberts (75th min) ensured that the points remained up north. Huddersfield Town 1st, Yeovil Town 17th. Peterborough United had to be content with a point on the road as they had to come from behind against Exeter City at St James's Park. Archibald-Henville had given Posh the lead when he put past his own keeper in the 29th minute. Nardiello (54th min) and Cureton (71st min) turned things around for the Devon side before Tomlin made sure that the points were shared in the 82nd minute. Exeter City 14th, Peterborough United 2nd. Franchise FC and Rochdale had to be content with a point a piece at Stadium:Franchise as Kennedy put Dale ahead in the 20th minute with Doumbe levelling 8 minutes later. Franchise FC 4th, Rochdale 5th. Oldham Athletic had to come from behind to claim the points against high-scoring AFC Bournemouth at Boundary Park. Wiggins had given the Cherries the lead in first half stoppage time. Two quick goals through Lee (78th min) and Tounkare (81st min) made sure that it was the Latics who were smiling at full time. Oldham Athletic 6th, AFC Bournemouth 7th. Charlton Athletic were pegged back by Tranmere Rovers at Prenton Park in a 1-1 draw. Wagstaff had given the Addicks the lead in the 6th minute, only to see Showumni level 8 minutes in the second period. Tranmere Rovers 21st, Charlton Athletic 10th. Plymouth Argyle claimed their first home win of the season, edging Sheffield Wednesday 3-2 at Home Park. Fletcher gave Argyle the lead in the 19th minute, only to see O'Connor level 7 minutes from the end of the first half. Wright-Phillips restored Argyle's advantage a minute after the restart, only to be pegged back by Miller in the 75th minute. Noone scored what proved to be the winner in the 77th minute. Plymouth Argyle 16th, Sheffield Wednesday 11th. Notts County edged Leyton Orient at Meadow Lane, also winning 3-2. Hughes and Westcarr gave County a 2-goal lead with strikes in the 14th and 21st minutes, but then saw the Londoners come back through Jarvis and Spring with goals in the 22nd and 54th minute. Hughes scored the winner in the 74th minute. Notts County 12th, Leyton Orient 23rd. Swindon Town claimed their first away win of the campaign with a 2-1 win over Walsall at Bescot. Sheehan gave Town a 10th minute lead, with Reid level in the 70th minute. Pericard netted the winner 4 minutes later. Walsall 18th, Swindon Town 13th. Even at this early stage of the season, it looks like it's going to a long haul for Dagenham & Redbridge as they went down to a 3-0 defeat at the hands of Bristol Rovers at Victoria Road. A Hughes hat trick (27th, 32nd and 87th min pen) sealed the victory and the Daggers 2nd successive 3-0 defeat. Dagenham & Redbridge 24th, Bristol Rovers 15th. The games involving Carlisle United (3rd)/Brighton & Hove Albion (8th), South Coast Club (22nd)/Colchester United (9th) and Brentford (19th)/Hartlepool United (20th) all finished 0-0.