League One Review - Sept 11th

12 September 2010 05:32
Here's the latest round up of action around League One. Peterborough United take over at the summit of League One following a 5-2 demolition of Oldham Athletic at London Road. The Latics took the lead through Jones in the 19th minute, with Taylor doubling the advantage in the 38th minute. But Posh hit back with goals from Wesolowski on the stroke of half time, and then through Mclean (62nd min), Boyd (71st min), Hibbert (82nd min) and McCann (96th min pen) to claim the points. Peterborough United 1st, Oldham Athletic 10th. Carlisle United claimed a single goal victory over Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough as Curran netted the only goal of the game in the 36th minute. Sheffeild Wednesday 6th, Carlisle United 2nd. AFC Bournemouth continued their good start to life back in League One with a fine 3-0 win over Dagenham & Redbridge at Dean Court. Pearce poked home from close range in the 38th minute, which was quickly followed by a McQuoid header in the 42nd minute. Whiigs completed the scoring in the 55th minute. AFC Bournemouth 3rd, Dagenham & Redbridge 24th. Huddersfield Town claimed their 2nd away win of the season with a 2-1 win over Leyton Orient at Brisbane Road. Arfield (3rd min) and Rhodes in the 28th minute, leaving Cox to score a consolation a minute later - but it was too little too late for the home side. Leyton Orient 23rd, Huddersfield Town 4th. Rochdale continued their fine start to the season with their first home win of the new season, over Walsall, at Spotland. Macken hgave the Saddlers the lead in the 4th minute only to see Thompson level in the 27th minute. Elding gave 'Dale the lead in the 44th minute, only to see Byfield with an instant response from the Saddlers in first half stoppage time. A Jones penalty in the 65th minute proved to be enough to seal the points. Rochdale 5th, Walsall 16th. Brighton & Hove Albion secured victory over Franchise FC at Withdean as Lualua (49th min) and Murray (75th min) scored the goals to ensure that the points remained in Sussex. Brighton & Hove Albion 7th, Franchise FC 11th. Colchester United and Plymouth Argyle had to make dow with a share of the spoils at the Weston Home Community Stadium following a 1-1 draw. Bond gave the home side the lead in the 22nd minute, with Johnson levelling for Argyle in the 48th minute. Colchester United 8th, Plymouth Argyle 18th. Charlton Athletic managed to squeak past Notts County at The Valley as Anyinsah scored the only goal of the game in the 85th minute. Charlton Athletic 9th, Notts County 13th. Exeter City made the long trip to the north east to face Hartlepool United at Victoria Park and were rewarded with a 3-2 win. Harley had given the Grecians the lead in the 12th minute, only to see the home side hit back before the break through Humphreys (38th min) and Sweeney (42nd min). O'Flynn levelled just after the restart and then scored the winner with 13 minutes to go. Hartlepool United 20th, Exeter City 12th. An early relegation 6-pointer at Huish Park as Yeovil Town took on Tranmere Rovers, with the home side running away with a 3-1 win. Bowditch (7th min), Welsh (11th min) and Huntington (27th min) practically sealed the points in the first half-hour, leaving Moore to score a consolation penalty in the 89th minute. Yeovil Town 14th, Tranmere Rovers 21st. Swindon Town finally claimed their first win of the new season with a 1-0 win over South Coast Club at the County Ground. Austin scored the only goal of the game in the 65th minute. Swindon Town 15th, South Coast Club 22nd. Finally, Bristol Rovers (17th) and Brentford (19th) limped their way to a 0-0 draw at The Memorial Stadium.