League One Review - Dec 11th

11 December 2010 09:37
After an enforced mini-break because of the weather, much of League One was back in action. Here's our round up. Brighton & Hove Albion slipped up on their travels as Huddersfield Town claimed all 3-points at the Galpharm Stadium. Murray had given Albion the lead in the 54th minute only to see Rhodes level 2 minutes later and mcCombe score the winner 6 minutes from time. Huddersfield Town 3rd, Brighton & Hove Albion 1st. Sheffield Wednesday thumped Bristol Rovers for 6 at Hillsborough even though The Pirates had taken the lead through Hoskins in the 7th minute. The Owls hit back before half time with goals from Sedgwick (10th min), Miller (23rd min), Teale (26th min) and Johnson (32nd min). Hoskins reduced the deficit in the 66th minute, only to see O'Connor (71st min) and Heffernan (81st min) complete the rout. Sheffield Wednesday 2nd, Bristol Rovers 21st. AFC Bournemouth suffered their 2nd home defeat of the season as Hartlepool United claimed their 4th away win when Brown netted the only goal of the game at Dean Court in the 31st minute. AFC Bournemouth 5th, Hartlepool United 12th. Peterborough United managed to get back to winning ways with a 2-1 win over struggling Rochdale at London Road. McLean gave the Posh the lead in the 19th minute, with Mackail-Smith extending the lead 5 minutes after the break. Akpa Akpro reduced the arrears in the 79th minute, but it wasn't enough to salvage a point. Peterborough United 8th, Rochdale 18th. South Coast Club slipped to their 3rd home defeat of the season as Brentford secured their 5th win away from home. Alexander (13th min) and MacDonald (28th min) secured the win for the Bees at St Mary's. South Coast Club 9th, Brentford 10th. Dagenham & Redbridge secured a vital away win, just their 2nd of the season, with a fine 2-0 win over Carlisle United at Brunton Park. Elito gave the Daggers the lead in the 82nd minute, with Green securing the win in the 89th minute. Carlisle United 11th, Dagenham & Redbridge 22nd. In the local derby against Plymouth Argyle at Home Park, Exeter City lost out to their Devon neighbours. A Wright-Phillips brace in the 28th and 57th minutes was enough to secure the points for Argyle. Plymouth Argyle 15th, Exeter City 13th. Notts County climbed out of the drop zone with a 2-0 win over Franchise FC at Meadow Lane. Late strikes from Ince (86th min) and Hughes (92nd min) secured 3 vital points. Notts County 19th, Franchise FC 14th. A relegation 6-pointer at Prenton Park saw Leyton Orient come out 2-1 winners over their hosts, Tranmere Rovers. Dawson gave the east London side the lead in the 10th minute, with McGleish doubling the advantage just before the break. Wootton reduced the arrears just after the hour mark, but it wasn't enough. Tranmere Rovers 20th, Leyton Orient 16th. The game involving Colchester United (6th) and Yeovil Town (23rd) finished 0-0. The game at Boundary Park between Oldham Athletic (7th) and Swindon Town (17th) was called off due to a frozen pitch. Charlton Athletic (4th) and Walsall (24th) is scheduled to be played on Sunday.