McConville hat-trick sinks Macc

21 August 2010 05:17
A Sean McConville hat-trick was enough to give Accrington Stanley a 3-0 win over Macclesfield. Two of the goals came in the first half before he wrapped things up in the 72 minute. An Aaron Webster brace helped Burton Albion to a 3-2 win over a dogged Morecambe side. Webster opened the scoring after just one minute, but Morecambe came back to take the lead thanks to an Andrew Fleming brace. A further Webster goal and a Greg Pearson penalty secured the three points for the hosts. David Worrall scored after 69 minutes to save a draw for Bury over Northampton. Ryan Gilligan had given the visitors the lead after he converted a penalty just after the half-hour mark. Danny Whitaker scored a hat trick for Chesterfield against Hereford to help the home side to a comfortable 4-0 win. Simon Ford got the fourth and last goal. Crewe smashed seven goals past a hapless Barnet. Shaun Miller and Clayton Donaldson both grabbed braces with Miller scoring after just four minutes to get the home side off to the perfect start. Joel Grant, David Artell and AJ Leitch-Smith also got their names on the scoresheet. Cian Hughton, son of Newcastle manager Chris Hughton, scored the only goal of the game to give Lincoln all three points against Gillingham, with the goal coming after just nine minutes. Five goals in each half and a four-goal haul from Adam Le Fondre saw Rotherham come from 3-1 down to beat Cheltenham 6-4 at home. Danny Harrison and Ryan Creswell also scored for the hosts while Jeff Goulding, Wesley Thomas, Sean Jeffers and Keith Lowe scored for the visitors. Goals from Shrewsbury's Ian Sharps and Aldershot's Anthony Charles cancelled each other out to leave both sides with a point. A Marc Richards double and a Louis Dodds goal gave Port Vale a 3-1 win against Southend. A late Gareth Owen own goal made no difference to the outcome. Charlie Griffin scored twice to help Stevenage to a 3-1 win over Stockport. Michael Bostwick also scored for the hosts and a late George Donnelly was just a consolation for the visitors. Danny Stevens gave Torquay the lead over 10 man Bradford after just two minutes. Bradford had to play 78 minutes of the game with 10 men after Robbie Threlfall saw red. Chris Zebroski then doubled their lead after 66 minutes. Wycombe and Oxford United couldn't find the back of the net and shared a goalless draw at Adams Park.

Source: ESA

World Cup Group G

Belgium 0 1 0 0 1
Panama 0 1 0 0 1
Tunisa 0 0 0 0 0
England 0 0 0 0 0
Last updated : 16:48